Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I have a F2 bumper for my car and I've never installed a grill in the front and I was wondering how hard is it to install like a mesh grill? I'm not sure what I need to use to attach it to the bumper? And How much would a sheet of diamond mesh cost and where would be a good place to buy it? Also just for the record I'm not exactly a great DIY'er.

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
Sorry man, not a lot of people have the F2 bumper. Do you have pics or does it look like this? If it does, a stock grill should work (can get them from Ebay).

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah That is the F2 rs Replica bumper right there. That looks exactly like mine only a different color.

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
Well, to install the grill you would have to take the bumper off. I would look online for a grill and IMO paint it black. You will have to put the grill piece up to the hole in the front of the bumper and mark a line around it. One you have done that you will have to cut out some lines for the corner and leave about 2" all the way around the opening so you can bend the grill and attach it that way. Best way to attach it is by screws, but they have to be super short. You may be able to find some clips that have screws in them. I believe this is the best way to attach the grill. You should be able to find these clips wherever you find the grill. Let me know how it goes and get some pics already!!! F2 bumpers are awesome!!! Any rep points would be great!

Reactions: blitz1027

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
I bought mine off a guy on here who got it off ebay i believe

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright Thanks. This helps me alot. Now I just have to find a good place to buy the mesh.

That looks awesome and it's kinda what I'm looking to do

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
I bought mine off a guy on here who got it off ebay i believe
I think he was talking about the lower grill, I didn't relized it either at first.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
oh, right. well in that case, he just needs to cut some mesh and glue it in there

·
Registered
149 Posts
is there a front lip on that silver focus? look at the bottom. is that the f2 front lip for that bumper?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts