Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i didnt know what to call them but i took my radiator cover off and i cant get my grill out on my 05+ foci cuz of those stupid ass black plugs. how do i remove my grill any one who can help me will get rep points

·
GoKart and Me!!!
13,487 Posts
The screw plugs that hold the "radiator cover" in place simply take a crosstip screwdriver. The screw part won't come all the way out. They will back out to loosen the plug anchors. Just take your screwdriver and back the screws out normally and then gently pull the screw plug out. You may have to wiggle them a bit, but be gentle when you do, otherwise the screw will separate from the plug.

With the 05+, after you remove the "radiator cover", which should only be held in place with three plastic screw plugs, you should see two bolts. If memory serves, they should be 10mm. Remove those bolts. Now at the bottom center part of the grill there will be two "snaps" (<--for lack of a better term). Reach in on the inside of the grill and gently pry upwards and the grill should just slide right out. I hope that helps.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Those plastic plugs usually come out easily. If the center part just turns, and won't come out, take a small flat-blade screw-driver and pry up on the center part. After it comes up a little, you can grab it with a small pliers and remove it completely. Only after the center part is removed, will the lower part of the clip come off....it just pushes in.

If you break one, you can get new ones from O'Rileys, Auto Zone, other places. There are different sizes available. It might be best to put a new one back in....

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank u all now how do i give rep points

1 - 5 of 5 Posts