Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to start customizing my car. But I am having a hard time finding sites that carry parts for the 05 zx4 4dr model. Does anyone know where I can find good parts?
 

·
Capital Obvious
Joined
·
2,562 Posts
what are you looking to do? That will help us point you where you need to go. Also the link above...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm looking for headlights. I found some taillights, and they fit but it seems they were meant for the 04 not 04 focus, even though the website it was for the 05. So now I want to the 04 trunk lid aswell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,660 Posts
ok why are you changing the trunk lids? Are they diffrent my wifes 06 and my 04 look the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,340 Posts
santacruzx said:
I'm looking for headlights. I found some taillights, and they fit but it seems they were meant for the 04 not 04 focus, even though the website it was for the 05. So now I want to the 04 trunk lid aswell.
elliottcarlose said:
ok why are you changing the trunk lids? Are they diffrent my wifes 06 and my 04 look the same.
Ok, headlights are not made for this generation Focus yet. The best you can do is get some eyelids, or crack open the light, and paint it. The taillights on a 2000-2004 sedan will NOT work on a 2005-2006 sedan. Different shapes, also, the trunk for the earlier models doesn't even fit, to the best of my knowledge. There is a guy on FF, who does phenomonal taillight tinting work. They looks awesome.

Also, try Focus Sport They have many performance and suspension parts for the 2005, and the Duratec 2.0L. F2 Focus makes a bodykit, as does Roush also, check Steeda
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The trunks on the 04 and earlier have angeled edges on the bottom, the 05 is straight. Not a big deal. When can we expect aftermarket parts for this generation to come out? A year or 2 perhaps?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,340 Posts
santacruzx said:
The trunks on the 04 and earlier have angeled edges on the bottom, the 05 is straight. Not a big deal. When can we expect aftermarket parts for this generation to come out? A year or 2 perhaps?
as stated above, there are already 5 or 5 bodykits out, and numerous performance parts. I think the overall light shape is different, including the body panels they fit in. Find another friend who has a 2004 or older sedan, ask to use his taillights, and do a test fit before buying. For right now, cosmetic stuff is limited to homemade tinting of lights, clear corners, painting headlight housings, shorty antenna, and some bodykits.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,660 Posts
ok thanks for the learning experance once again as I too am getting ready to mod a 06 zx4 for my wife
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top