Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to install fog lights on a ZX 3 05' focus? I know I have to get the fog lamp bezels for it. Do I have to take the bumper off to install the bezels? Or could I just pop the old ones out and the new ones in without taking the bumper off?

I was just gonna wire the fog lights to the headlamps wires but if there's a easier way to wire them, let me know!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Remember, the fog lights should be interlocked (via relay) to turn off when the high beams are turned on. As far as the actual mechanics of installation of fog lights, I have no idea, but would be interested in knowing as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it looks easy to wire them up correctly. I would just have to get a new switch to turn my lights on. My focus is just the base model so I doubt it has the wires in already.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
You can install without taking the bumper off. You need the bezel and (of course) the lamp assembly. The lamp assembly mounts with 2 '10mm' screws at the 'top' and 1 '10mm' at the bottom (NOTE: maybe there 7mm. I forget). Electronics>> If you don't have the factory switch, you can mimic the normal operation by using a automotive type relay with a N/C (normally closed) term. Run power to the fogs through the N/C relay switch terminals. Wire the coil to ground, and the power lead to the high beams. When the high beams come on, they power the relay and the fogs will turn OFF. This is a good method as the relay is usually off as I will assume most folks don't drive with there high beams on constantly. Don't forget to put an inline fuse (10A) to the fogs, before the relay.
ADD >> Relay info. If the relay does not specifically state it is normally closed (N/C or NC). Then assume it is N/O. You can use 14 gauge wire. The relay should be mininum 10 amps (same as the fuse).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks! I asked because i know someone who has a mazda 6 and they have to take the bumper off to install them. I was hoping i didn't have to but i dont. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts