Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a disagreement in what I'm told.

My car had a tendency to pull, so I had the dealer check alignment on four wheels. Their answer is they'll only check the front, because the rear alignment is NOT adjustable on the Focus.

Anyways, months went by and just the other day, I curbed the FR tire hard enough it destroyed the steel wheel. I got a new steel wheel and for peace of mind, I got the front alignment checked.

Tire shop (Les Scwab tire center) decided to do "4 wheel alignment check" anyways and told me the rear alignment is off. I asked them how the adjustment is made, because I've been told its unadjustable by the dealer. The guy showed me two large nuts in the back of the rear wishbone suspension.

Since I know I hadn't smacked my rear wheels against anything, I didn't bother with it, but I'm curious who's telling me the truth.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Well the I was always told they were tack welded in place in the rear and you can buy adjustable camber bolts but if they are stock they are not adjustable.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yeah, those two nuts towards the center with the brass-looking notched washers are the toe adjustment. If it's tracking a little off going straight, that'd be toe...excess camber would cause your tire to wear unevenly - more on the outside or inside and would effect handling in the corners(though a slight bit of negative camber - the top of the wheel further in than the bottom - isn't a bad thing). You'd only need camber bolts if you drop it considerably - around 2 or more inches.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another dealer says its adjustable as well. This confirms the service advsior at my buying dealer is an idiot. They don't ever fix anything right the first time anyways.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Les Schwab usually carries the camber bolts in stock for most cars and trucks too..
I know the last few times iv lowered vehicles they had all the gear to do a proper alignment on hand... Camber plates Bolts... etc...

Jason

1 - 7 of 7 Posts