Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question for all you knowledgable focus fanatics. I found this exhaust on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Part....c0.m245&_trkparms=72:543|65:12|39:1|240:1318 will this exhaust fit my '09 coupe? i have seen '07 exhaust systems on '08 and '09 models...mostly sedans however. this is for the zx3 zx5 models. i know the coupe is the same length as the sedan, so will this fit? it is a really good price and i would consider buying it if it would fit. quick response appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, how is the sound and fit? compared to say...the trubendz system? any similar mounting issues. mainly. how does it sound comapred to the trubendz. i heard some clips on youtube, but they are video clips...not always a good judge of sound quality. i dont want it to be annoying at 75 on the highway. i travel 4 hours home from college on weekends. thanks everyone in advance.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Heres the break down: Any Focus has the same hanger points, so the exhausts will fit. The two main differences is the flange size at the flex pipe/header (on duratec;s) are different sizes but "will" interchange if you slot the holes if you get the bigger exhausts. The 2008 and newer cars will need to use the sedan exhausts. The difference here is the tailpipe length. The hatch back cars are 2.5" shorter. You can use the exhausts from a hatch, but will have to have a 5" extension made to join the tailpipe piece.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
That help?^^^^

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
quick and easy way to double check this is to go to focussport's website...

then the exhaust section... and then start comparing the part numbers between the exhausts... you'll notice the new 08's and 09's use the same part number from focussport as the previous years.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys. that helps a lot. i didnt wanna go and buy an exhaust to find out it doesny fit. that helps a lot. i think i might still hold out for the trubendz exhaust. it sounds incredible and its all stainless and has gotten great reports from the people on here. i dont wanna buy a junk exhaust and not be happy and end up buying the trubenz later on anyways. so thanks for the help guys, really appreciate it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts