Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car started misfiring the other day. Thought it was epoxy that came loose and found it’s way into the intake , but took the plugs out to find this ?

·
Registered
2012 Focus SE hatchback black
563 Posts
Yeah, that's a pretty bad sign if you know it was open when it was put in. 1 or more cylinders?
Either way that cylinder has piston damage of some kind or the rod bearing or wrist pin is shot. Maybe something broke loose and made it's way into the cylinder and is/was bouncing around.

·
Registered
17,771 Posts
Why would somebody think epoxy did it? It COULD have if a piece came loose and got pinched in the wrong spot.

·
Registered
17,771 Posts
I keep telling people that long term unless the application is scienced out enough to work that epoxy generally will not stick to the plastics used on these cars but nobody ever listens. Reminding me of all the fails I saw when people insisted at the parts store you could glue anything up with epoxy. The 40% doesn't believe anything in the real world but instantly swallows the vilest of fairy tales.

Reactions: pbfoot

·
Registered
17,771 Posts
Look at the small rocks stuck to plug in pic and could be trash fell in plug hole on the previous goround if there was one. Why I always airblow those plug ports out before removing plugs. Don't put face over the work, you can lose an eye with the size of some of the pebbles that come loose.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Why would somebody think epoxy did it? It COULD have if a piece came loose and got pinched in the wrong spot.
were did the epoxy come from! Whats up!! are you sure you have the plugs for your engine you might have bought plugs that were too long. Pull all your plugs and make sure they are are all the same length might have a wrong plug in the package

·
Registered
23 Posts
Look at the small rocks stuck to plug in pic and could be trash fell in plug hole on the previous goround if there was one. Why I always airblow those plug ports out before removing plugs. Don't put face over the work, you can lose an eye with the size of some of the pebbles that come loose.
Looks like someone was too lazy to blow out the s**** from the plug well before a plug swap. Short cuts will cost you in the long run don't be lazy do the right thing the first time

1 - 9 of 9 Posts