Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2005 Foci with a Duratec 2.0 with 128K on the clock.

a week ago she started stuttering like you were putting your foot on the clutch and letting right off, and a relay rapidly clicking under the dash and the radio quit, did it a few times on the way home and got her home. NO CEL, pulled the codes with ForScan and got a code on the PCM which is a P1235, so I pull the back seat and I got a 3rd party fuel pump driver, wiring looks clean, nothing weird so I change it with a spare I picked up at the junkyard and put dielectric grease on the pins and cleared the codes, started it and ran fine this last week back to her normal self. also checked the battery which is 4 months old, 12.3 volts with the car off and 14.4 volts with the car running.

today on the way home from work it started again. get home, NO CEL again, pull codes and this time i got 3 codes, 3 in the PCM, B1681,P1000,P1235 and 1 in the RCM B1318-F0.

PCM:
B1681 is PATS Transceiver fault.
P1000 is ??
P1235 is Fuel Pump Out of Range

RCM:
B1318 is battery voltage low.

not sure where to poke next.. i have another fuel pump driver sitting here

thoughts????

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Since you have the pump driver, I'd throw that in as well as check the pump pressure. pats is totally different as it wouldn't have anything to do w/ the drivability as you know.....

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Since you have the pump driver, I'd throw that in as well as check the pump pressure. pats is totally different as it wouldn't have anything to do w/ the drivability as you know.....

noticed a tiny mild whine from the speakers when the radio does work, possible bad ground somewhere?

are there relays under the dash somewhere? or am i hearing the relays from the engine compartment fuse box on the firewall?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rail pressure according to ForScan in live mode is 38PSI (267kPa) at idle to 41 at around 2k RPM (287kPa) with the spare Fuel Pump Driver Module i swapped in tonight

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,346 Posts
Replace your battery cables. Check and clean all engine compartment grounds. Clean ECU ground.

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,346 Posts

noticed a tiny mild whine from the speakers when the radio does work, possible bad ground somewhere?

are there relays under the dash somewhere? or am i hearing the relays from the engine compartment fuse box on the firewall?
The whine is classic alternator diode failure. 14.4 volts is high. I like to see 13.6 minimum to 14.3 max running. A good battery with key off should be 12.65 volts minimum.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mystery continues.

cleaned my grounds, battery tests good, cleared codes.

now I get the mystery relay chatter at startup for a few seconds and goes away, no radio power at all, Fuses check good, drove around town today for work, come home , no codes from todays driving (less than 20 miles), still no radio power at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts