Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was driving along on the highway and came to a stop and tried to engage my clutch but there was tons of pressure and would not engage. At first I thought it was the pressure plate or the hydrolics of the clutch, but when I went to ford they told me something different. I know you have probably heard it before but the 05-06 models with the mx-75 tranny have a recall with a failure to engage on the clutch. So I recommend getting your clutch replaced as I did, if you have a warranty. You dont want to pay for towing or get stuck out in the middle of nowhere.

I heard somewhere on the forums that you have to do the recall under a certain mileage, but if you go to the ford dealership and tell them you are having problems with your clutch they should fix it with no hassle, or you can just wait until the same problem I had occurs. I cant wait to see what a big change it will be with the new clutch [:D]

·
Registered
897 Posts
You won't notice much difference.... when you get it back get a good feel of your gears though... they screwed up my shift linkage and i had to take it back like 3 times to get it fixed... mine went at 10,023 (yes i know the EXACT milage) how bout you?

Mouse

·
Registered
897 Posts
^^^you have an '06 no worries... they screwed the '05's only they fixed it by 06

Mouse

·
Registered
101 Posts
So there is a recall on them? I already need to take mine in to get the ECU reflashed for the hard start issue. Might as well get this fixed also if there is a recall...

·
Registered
897 Posts
From what I understand of it, its not really a "recall" per se. Its more along the line of a service bullitan that everyone knows about. but the still treat it as a recall issue... its ford... what can i say?

Mouse

·
Registered
528 Posts
yea it's not an official recall, but it's under the service bulliten. I went to my ford dealership that I bought the car from, they said "its a problem with all the focus" And I asked them to replace it they said it's fine.... (yea right...) SOOO, I got in an accident shortly after that, took it to a DIFFERENT dealership, one with a body shop, and they were like "oh boy, your clutch is [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] up" But they didnt right away go to it, I had to ask them otherwise they probably wouldn't of done anything about it. Soo, I got it replaced, hasn't gone out on me yet, but mine went out around 13k

·
Registered
367 Posts
Kaduku said:
yea it's not an official recall, but it's under the service bulliten. I went to my ford dealership that I bought the car from, they said "its a problem with all the focus" And I asked them to replace it they said it's fine.... (yea right...) SOOO, I got in an accident shortly after that, took it to a DIFFERENT dealership, one with a body shop, and they were like "oh boy, your clutch is [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] up" But they didnt right away go to it, I had to ask them otherwise they probably wouldn't of done anything about it. Soo, I got it replaced, hasn't gone out on me yet, but mine went out around 13k
Does it feel like the clutch is hard to push down? I've been noticing lately that my clutch peddal is hard to press in after I've been on the hwy for a little while.

·
Registered
897 Posts
^^^ they may have opened your slave cylinder. it shouldn't get hard... check your fluid level and/or take it back to the dealer

mouse

·
Registered
9 Posts
how bout 04's mine seems like it slips when shifting hard. it doesnt' catch right away. i have 27,000miles on the orignal clutch [duh]

·
Registered
422 Posts
when im on the highway, and press my clutch it to exit, it is harder than normal.

is that enough problem to get my clutch replaced?

·
Registered
367 Posts
GPkustoms said:
when im on the highway, and press my clutch it to exit, it is harder than normal.

is that enough problem to get my clutch replaced?
This is the same with me.

·
Registered
864 Posts
can someone giv me a link to this recall, i know somewhere around here there is a recall list, and my dealership is a bit** to work with. i had to actually take them the TSB before they would even look at the hard start issue.

·
Registered
204 Posts
i think im screwed..cause getting the aftermarket exhaust on m car voids my warrenty i think..that means i dont have th option for the recall huh? its really hard to depress the clutch after alot of highway miles..i have about 14,000 miles...

·
☼
7,494 Posts
Yesterday morning, I was pulling out of my driveway in reverse, and I took it out, rolling backwards. I floored the clutch to get it back into reverse to get more momentum, and all I felt in the shifter was the gears not getting in the right sync.. like the shifter was pushing me back, but I felt the gears thunking. Should I be worried? I had the clutch floored, I never cheap out on clutch pressure [:)]

·
Registered
204 Posts
quiksilver said:
exhaust doesnt effect your clutch so they cant void warranty on your clutch for your exhaust
so by putting the new exhaust on..all that is voided on the warrenty is my exhaust?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hrm...I havent had this issue with mine...yet....18K miles and going...if it goes Ill be pissed! Door handles are my issue right now...hehe

1 - 20 of 25 Posts