Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my clear corners this week, and tried to go off the how to on the site and it is not accurate for the 05s. Warning: This will take about 45-90 min. depending on tools. So here is how I did it.

Tools: 7mm wrench, 13mm wrench, phillips screw driver, and some time

First take a 7mm wrench and go around the front under side of your car and remove all of the silver screws. Then unscrew the 4 black plasic screws via a phillips head screw driver.

Next Remove the silver screws with the 7mm that are in the front wheel wells.

You should now have clear access on the passenger side, and a narrow entrance on the drivers side due to the stock intake.

Remove the lamps by twisting them counter-clockwise.

Remove the bolts on the corners with a 13mm wrench. If you have a ratcheting wrench use it, it is a life saver on the drivers side!

Note: Moving the drivers side splash gaurd so it is no longer inside the front bumper may help you out, as well as jacking the car up. But I didn't need to jack the car up to do this.

Attachments

·
Registered
583 Posts
my friends dad has a shop and he did my side markers and my turn signals in like 30 mins! he was quick but was shit talking bout how american and japanese cars are pieces of shit lol. i was all busting up because he couldnt reach his hand under the drivers side, side marker lol and how plastic is all over the place. he works on german cars so thats why he was all trippin' but at the end he did my car and he finished my frens lancer with new gauges from SRP. he put my car on the lift and unscrewed some bolts and thats it. i thouight he would say he couldnt do it but be4 i even thought all that he was done!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, he was prolly using a pneumatic wrench on the bottom, and like you said had it on a lift and works on cars for a living. But for most people it will take 45 minutes, and if you are just using regular wrenches it could take 90 or more minutes due to the difficulty getting the bolts on and off on the lights themselves. Not to discourage anybody from doing this, because the results are amazing for the 18 dollars I paid for the lights.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine fit, but I ended up getting a bruise the size of a small pancake from the front bumper pressing down on my wrist so hard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.