Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys/Gals,

Do any of you have an bug deflector for your 2005? I'm curious what they look like, and my parts store has to order one in, and I have to prepay it. I don't want to get stuck with some huge piece of plastic if I don't like the looks. Can someone with an 05 Focus please post a pic for me?

Regards,

·
Registered
75 Posts
I ordered a shield from Lund that they claim fits the 2005. The sheild attaching brackets that are placed on the shield above the headlamps prevent the hood from closing (Too thick-too close tolerance) I cannot close hood without smashing headlamp assy. No support from Lund. They do not return your calls. I sent it back for a full refund. Last week I ordered a shield from my local Ford dealer (I was thinking it would fit perfectly since it was a Genuine Ford part) Wrong!!!! Its the same P.O.S from Lund but it says Focus on it. Now I'm screwed because it was special order. No refund. If any one knows how to get these big fat brackets to fit above the headlamps please share[80?]

·
Registered
48 Posts
fresh1dougie said:
I ordered a shield from Lund that they claim fits the 2005. The sheild attaching brackets that are placed on the shield above the headlamps prevent the hood from closing (Too thick-too close tolerance) I cannot close hood without smashing headlamp assy. No support from Lund. They do not return your calls. I sent it back for a full refund. Last week I ordered a shield from my local Ford dealer (I was thinking it would fit perfectly since it was a Genuine Ford part) Wrong!!!! Its the same P.O.S from Lund but it says Focus on it. Now I'm screwed because it was special order. No refund. If any one knows how to get these big fat brackets to fit above the headlamps please share[80?]
The Ford dealership you bought the shield from has a responsibility to see to it that you are satisfied with the purchase. Genuine Ford Parts (regardless of source of origin) are supposed to carry a guarantee of some kind, and if that shield doesn't fit exactly as advertised (and the dealership can't make it fit properly without damaging your headlamp assemblies) then they owe you a refund, regardless of what that receipt says on its face. You paid your money in good faith, and your Ford dealership is bound (both ethically and by law) to reciprocate in kind by helping you arrive at an acceptable solution to your problem.

If it was me, I would speak directly to the owner(s) of the dealership and explain the problem. That should do the trick. Afterall, it just makes good economic sense for the local Ford dealer to keep you happy right now, as opposed to them running the risk of possibly losing a new car $ale in the future over something as minor as this.

Good luck!

Bob

·
Registered
324 Posts
I hate the look of Bra's... a bug deflector might look alright but only if its painted to match the body.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, great! But does anyone have a pic of an 05 Focus with a bug deflector on it?

Thanks,

·
Registered
629 Posts
Quantum said:
Ok, great! But does anyone have a pic of an 05 Focus with a bug deflector on it?

Thanks,
I'm wondering the same thing.

·
Registered
48 Posts
FocusOhFive said:
I agree, Bob. Very well said!
Thanks! Every once in a great while you will run across that rare dealership, one which actually prefers being obstinate to being helpful, but for the most part they are (thankfully) in a tiny minority these days....

Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts