Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for more than an hour and a half now and I cannot for the life of me find a parts list for upgrading my brakes to 05 fronts and svt rears. I am going to take my time and piece it together for as cheap as I can I just need a parts list of everything I need.

Tell me if this is right:
Fronts-
Knuckles
Spindles
Rotors
Pads
Lines
Hardware

Rears-
Spindles
Rotors
Pads
Parking Cable
Lines

Is this all I need?
Dust shields

·
Registered
69 Posts
For the fronts you will need the 05 bigger ball joint, and the brake lines are the same for the fronts. For the rears you can use the dust shields or not its up to you. Then calipers for front and rears.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
If your upgrading your brake's, Why not the SVT set-up= 300mm? Pretty common. Just add '05 only spindle's & lower control arm's. "06+ spindle went w/ a bigger diameter strut bore, & '05+ they upgraded to a bigger tapered ball joint, hence you need the control arm's to make the spindle work. For the rear to disc conversion, you could use the ST's rear disc set-up= spindle's/caliper's/caliper bracket's/rotor's/brake line's/E-brake cable's, then you'd have 10'' set up. SVT use's the same caliper, so you need rotor's/ caliper bracket, then you'd have a 11'' system. Word on the street is FRPP's discountined the SVT rear brake kit, & they are coming out w/ the 10'' kit= stock ST rear set-up. Maybe there are wrecking yard's that have what your looking for. I'd do the the front 1st if your on a budget, which I think we are on! Happy part's hunting!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If your upgrading your brake's, Why not the SVT set-up= 300mm? !
I would like to keep my stock 15"s. If I was ever planning on buying bigger wheels I would go SVT, I just don't want to spend that much. Good info though thank you [burnout]

·
slow
1,734 Posts
If you are buying parts used, I'd recommend new wheel bearings all around. On the front, its not really a spindle, its a hub and bearing assembly. It also could be a good time to upgrade the wheel studs.

Reactions: PowerFocer

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had already planned on it wrc_fan, but thanks for the suggestion

1 - 6 of 6 Posts