1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
FocusRush
1,774 Posts
Although I love the look of those lights, I have had some experience with them, and I'm going to have to try and steer you away from them. The light pattern from them is very poor to the point where it's like driving with the lights off when it rains. If you really want projectors, get a Hella retrofit kit and put it in the factory housing. If you're looking for replacements, just get the black housing factory style ones. I've had the stick style black housing for about 3 years now and they still look pretty good.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
i really dont mind these headlights at all. You REALLY need to replace the bulbs in them if you want to stick with halogen. I had Pilot Hyper White H3's in there before and they worked fine in the rain and i could see pretty well. They are worse than stock light output. you CAN put HID's in them but the infamous hot spots and black spots are going to show. You will also notice the projectors are slanted so they have to be aimed a little lower than DOT spec (measuring from the center).

Heres some pictures with HID's in these headlights. The pictures were from my phone a while back and do not do much justice. The black spots and hot spots are VERY exaggerated and the output looks a bit better. But these pictures give you an idea

The glare above the cuttoff shield is A LOT less than this picture. you can stand in front of them and not even notice its there.

also, much brighter than that.

A proper HID projector retrofit should be done on these lights but the projectors that come with it should do well for you, halogen or HID. I'm working on a retrofit right now. There is Technoholic doing one as well. I'll be taking before and after pictures with my DSLR to get a better picture of what the eye sees.

·
Registered
271 Posts
i have these headlights as well, at the moment i still have the bulbs that came with them, now from my understanding the dark spots are created from the plastic cover, i have read one thread were they did a retrofit on these, and even with the new projectors they had the dark spots. they replaced the plastic cover with their oem headlights and it cleared up the dark spots. although my oems aren't in pristine condition so if i was to do this i would probably buy some off ebay, then do the oven trick, and replace the projectors and then throw in some hids. but they work for me now as is, so until i get the energy to update them to hid they'll stay as is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts