Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install these additional LED brake lights to my car but i need help. I want to tap into the existing wire but I don't know which color is which. Can anyone help me out?

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
i dont know the colors of the wires but you can pickup a cheap test light for under 5$ at the local auto parts store... just hook the alligator clip to a good ground and start poking wires...

it'll be a good investment for when fuses blow or future projects arise... i have one for work i paid 40$ for mine but its a high quality one sinse i use it everyday.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They were neither. She received a ticket for following too close but thats it. These new ones contain 60 LEDs a piece and are eye level so seeing them should not be a problem any more.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Cybertosh,

THE LIGHTS ARE DEFINITELY SWEET.... looks great. Reminds me of some LED's I used with a flasher kit on my 2000 Ford Explorer when I was chaplain for the Hale County TX Sheriff's Office and a first responder.

IMPORTANT QUESTION: By the way, what were the colors of the different wires? I've just installed a Federal Signal Arrowstick (light bar) on my back deck of my new 07 SE, and have modified the 8 yellow lenses to include: RED WHITE YEL YEL YEL YEL WHITE RED. The reds will be for the stop/brake light, the white for my backups, and the four yellows for turn signals (2 left and 2 right).

I'd be extremely blessed if you could remember the wire colors for the brake/stop, turn signal, backup lights, and email me the answers.

Thanks a bunch. I'll shoot a picture of my new Infa-red 07 Focus with the light bar in action after hopefully receiving your information.

God bless you,

"Pastor Dean"
[email protected]

Rev. Dr. J. Dean McNamara
Sedan, KS
(Sheriff's Office/PD/EMS first responder for chaplain/CISD counseling; also Senior Pastor First Baptist Church of Sedan.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts