Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
FocusRush
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the Extreme Dimensions Open house car show and spoke with some of the staff there. They are considering making a replica Street Appearance Package (SAP) front bumper. I would give them mine to make the mold from.

I am guessing that it would be a much more populay bumper over their other options. Heck, over any other option for the 05-07 front end.

Please post if you would purchase one.

Here is a pic of the front bumper. Ignore the graphics. lol.

·
Registered
529 Posts
YES YES A MILLION TIMES YES. Unfortunately this has been brought to their attention a million times and still nothing so don't hold your breathe.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
are the fogs, turns, grills etc available separate from ford? if so Id be game

·
FocusRush
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
YES YES A MILLION TIMES YES. Unfortunately this has been brought to their attention a million times and still nothing so don't hold your breathe.
They actually approached me about it. I guess they are finally looking into actually making it. So much to the point where I'm driving back in a couple of weeks to let their design team look at it.

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
I would totally buy it if they made it!! :)

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
If the price is right I would be game.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
if i had an 05-07 i would get one. or even if i can get the fenders hood headlight ect to swap over id do it

·
FocusRush
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There is a concern on my thread on the jet about the quality. They have turned out some crap in the past. I can understand the concern as it would diminish the rarity and the stature of the SAP front... I might source another company for this. I've got one in particular in mind.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Bumper is only half the game, you need the upper and lower honey comb grill, fog lights and mounts, and side reflector lenses which you will probably have to buy from ford and will cost as much as the bumper.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hell no, Extreme Dimensions is known for poor quality and bad fitment. Also I wouldn't want to see the SAP Bumpers tarnished by another company copying others designs.

If you want one buy the real one, I've seen them for $400, they're still out there.

·
FocusRush
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What about for crash replacement? I recently had my car insurance upped for all my mods to the car. I asked about the front bumper and they said that if the bumper is not available for sale anymore by any company, they would put a standard 05-07 bumper back on. Fail. The insurance company won't buy a used one either off of some forum.

I'm just nervous that if something were to happen to my SAP bumper, I wouldn't have one anymore.

·
Registered
0 Posts
What about for crash replacement? I recently had my car insurance upped for all my mods to the car. I asked about the front bumper and they said that if the bumper is not available for sale anymore by any company, they would put a standard 05-07 bumper back on. Fail. The insurance company won't buy a used one either off of some forum.

I'm just nervous that if something were to happen to my SAP bumper, I wouldn't have one anymore.
Nope my insurance would put the SAP Bumper back on, thats why it's registered insurance-wise as a collector/show car, perks of paying for that status and it not being a DD. Already happened once already when the '07 was parked on a sheet of black ice and slide down into a snowbank. New SAP Bumper, Lip, Lower Grills, Clip, etc. all painted and put on. Also body shops do have access to LKQ and other distributors for used parts which they can use for insurance claims if necessary part is unavailable or no longer made so your argument is null-and-void. Yes for insurance purposes they have to use new crashfoam and new structural parts but a used bumper cover can be used, trust me looked into it for my SAP and consulted my agent and underwriter on it.

Also I have an extra set of SAP Front and Rear Bumpers in the attic because I have OCD about having a new perfect one if something were to happen.[shhh]

And also how does your insurance company know that your bumper isn't available anymore, that sounds like insurance blibitty-blob hogwarsh to me.[scratch]

·
Love CA / Hate CARB
2,160 Posts
You know, just the other day I was wondering about where I would be with my car if I hadn't ever sold you that bumper. If there ends of being a replica of it made at the end of all of this, then I guess I can consider myself as some important part of the Focus Cosmos.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts