Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set up that came HID ready.

What is causing the lights throw awful? It is obviously not retrofitted. It's an eyesore not being able to see anything above the lights on ground. When I use high beam, I feel much better.

If you tell me to push it up higher, it would bother the oncoming drivers.

What is making the lights throw bad? I have seen some threads and some discussion that if you replace the lenses, it will throw better. But how much better?

What happened to snackmaster? He's banned. Permanently?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Somebody gotta get involved in this.

I know someone is not happy with the lightings.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
well, i have some projectors off of ebay and i LOVE Them...i don't have any problems with mine and I haven't in the past.

some people say that the poor quality lenses cause poor light throw. maybe try just swapping the stock lenses for the projector lenses

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, i have some projectors off of ebay and i LOVE Them...i don't have any problems with mine and I haven't in the past.

some people say that the poor quality lenses cause poor light throw. maybe try just swapping the stock lenses for the projector lenses
That's what I saw around here.

I would hate to take apart $300 headsets just to swap the lenses. When you sit in your driver seat, do you notice that the passenger light throws better light than driver side? Like probably brighter than the driver side?

I will try to get the pictures, although it might be hard.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The throw simply sucks. Embrace the fact. If you swap the lenses, let us know how you make out. In the mean time, get some of those good HID color match bulbs for your fogs, if you have them. With the fogs on, things are almost bearable with the piss poor throw. Personally, I don't think that it's just the lenses, I think that there is something wrong with the projectors and like you, I don't want to tear apart a cool looking set of lights just to prove a point. We need to hear from those folks that have lots of money, and had the time to fart around with these things... ;-) Chalk it up to poor workmanship of the lights. Some folks get good ones, and others don't.

·
Focus Enthusiast
3,002 Posts
What happened to snackmaster? He's banned. Permanently?
I won't go into details, that is between that particular user and the entire staff of the site...however, he will never be back on this site.
From what I hear, not all of his advice was all it was cracked to be anyway.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The throw simply sucks. Embrace the fact. If you swap the lenses, let us know how you make out. In the mean time, get some of those good HID color match bulbs for your fogs, if you have them. With the fogs on, things are almost bearable with the piss poor throw. Personally, I don't think that it's just the lenses, I think that there is something wrong with the projectors and like you, I don't want to tear apart a cool looking set of lights just to prove a point. We need to hear from those folks that have lots of money, and had the time to fart around with these things... ;-) Chalk it up to poor workmanship of the lights. Some folks get good ones, and others don't.
If I had money to burn, I would most definitely buy another set to see if they throw the same as what I have. If they do, I would be more than willing to do a lense swap and swap between driver side and passenger side its projector from inside the headlights.

Like I said, passenger side looks much better than the driver side. I could be suspecting it is the bulb. I'm not sure if it's really alright to do a bulb swap? I could do that, but I need time on my hand and when the brutal cold weather is gone for sure, I could do it.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
i haven't had any problems with light throw with my ebay projectors for my 05. they don't leak and they throw light better than my stockers

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
You do have to adjust them. Plus the bulbs that came in mine sucked so I threw in a set of piaas. I think they work pretty good. I've been thinking of putting a HID set in them.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I bought halo projectors from eBay and the light does suck. I put some HIDs in them, couldn't see at all so I took them out. I don't really have the time or money to retro different projectors or lenses in them. They're just sitting in my garage doing nothing.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My halo projectors are HID ready. Like I said, driver side is lose, passenger side is win. I know my headset needs a retrofitting, but I need few things to learn from snackmaster, but he's banned and I never have heard from him through MSN, so... I'm stuck, and want to know what you other people have to say about this and your experiences to what you probably have fixed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts