Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we can purchase the color match ST grills from ford among other places. I was just trying to see what the average price people are paying for them.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
not to promote any other focus websites... but FORDSVTPARTS from FJ (might be on here to i duno) can get you one if you send a PM to him... like 55+ shipping is what i was quoted...

·
.....NObama.....
1,875 Posts
yep go talk to steve (FORDSVTPARTS) on FJ... got mine for 54 + shipping.

If you get the black gril, keep your stock one and take the black honeycomb part out of the stock one, and replace the silver one in the ST grill with the black stock one. Looks SOOOO much better. I just did it to mine today. It's quite a pain pulling apart clips and all, but its very rewarding.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
sonic... howd you get your honey comb out? mine looks like its all one piece...

·
.....NObama.....
1,875 Posts
its all clips.....its a PAIN IN THE ROYAL ASS to get apart, but if you use a screw driver and use some force it comes out. took me 10-15 to get apart. But I did get it here's a pic::

·
Registered
470 Posts
That blue is a great color. Nice work on the grille too. I bet this method would look good on my dark grey color.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I paid 80 for mine.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Got mine from FORDSVTPARTS on FJ too, and ya cost about 55. I took mine apart too (have CD-Silver and wanted to keep the black insert), and I agree with Sonicbluezx3, its a pain in the ass. Seemed to me it was way tougher to take apart the original chrome one than the color matched one.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
mmm just got mine installed yesterday (pics in rigs) i did the black on black look and it looks awesome! thanks steve! way fast delivery

·
Registered
298 Posts
If you want you can buy a honeycomb black grill and custom cut it to fit the clips. Yes it is a PITA but well worth it if you don't want the ford emblem flashin'

This is my future plan.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
You could also just remove the stock grille and color match/paint the bezel to match the body color.
Costs about $20 for all materials to do it yourself.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I know this is going to sound retarded and make me look like a n00b, but im newER to FJ and i cant find a way to contact FORDSVTPARTS, FJ is lockin me down for some reason. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
111 Posts
you know what, dont answer that, i am not "activated" ive had a FJ account for 7mo. now and i never activated it. LOL sorry to trouble ya!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts