Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested to know if the 05 focus duratec 2.0 is thge same as the 06 model, I have a 06 ZX5 2.0 Duratec and I want to get an CAI but all I can find is ones for the 05 duratec.

Thanx

Bullet

·
Registered
696 Posts
I believe they are the same specs, etc etc. I've heard/seen nothing to stat otherwise. To the best of my knowledge the suspension on the '06s vs '05s was the only modification.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
They are the same. There was a change in where the power steering resevior is, but that has no affect on CAI. Any Duratec CAI will work on your car.

·
Registered
415 Posts
The CAI is the same on any 05+ inlcuding 06 07 and 08. Im belive only change that is known from 05 to 06/07 is the suspention and the loss of some std features turning into options and some packages lossing or gaining options, and there is no rev lockout on 06's and 07's.

·
Registered
696 Posts
1SVTFocus said:
The CAI is the same on any 05+ inlcuding 06 07 and 08. Im belive only change that is known from 05 to 06/07 is the suspention and the loss of some std features turning into options and some packages lossing or gaining options, and there is no rev lockout on 06's and 07's.
You sure about that lockout? I think it does have it tbh. [???:)]

·
Registered
696 Posts
Odd, because it's still a bitch to get it into reverse sometimes and I figured the lockout always had something to do with it in other cars.

·
Registered
415 Posts
nope 06 are missing the reverse lockout, however it still should be a little but harded to get into reverse just because of the way the linkage has to move the get the tranny into the reverse gear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts