Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so As far as I know, Massive is the only one here that has done the front end swap from an 05 to 04 front swap.... Well, RSVT170 and myself have done just that plus one. We just got finished swapping my front end From his 02SVTF onto my 2005 SES........And Vice Versa!!!!!!!!!!!! The swap is about 99% done with only the windshield washer resiviours (sp?) to mount in. It was a fairly straight forwad swap but It took 2 of us a total of about 12 Hours to complete. were both currently having a problem with my new fogs not working at all and he is haveing some MAJOR fender rub on the drivers side. were heading to the junkyard tomarrow where they have an 05 and an 02 focus so we can pick and pull the final parts we need to make everything perfect. He won't be leaving the front end like this though for those of you that are thinking WTF?!?!?! The grill is going to be color matched red and the center left black, and the Front bumper is going to be replaced with an F2 RS. He is hoping it will be in at the end of this week, and then one us will post up more photos of the 100% finished product. Until then, here is a link to all of the photos in thumbnail format.

http://www.focusrush.com/myphotos

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Why?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I have been after a SVT conversion for my car, and he likes how the RS bumper on the 05 looks over the 00-04. It resembles more of a euro styled front.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Thats awsome so you and James finaly desided to do the swap. Too bad I missed out on the fun.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I dunno how the RS front looks on a 05.. I'mah have to search it up.

Otherwise I couldn't see why you would do such a terrible thing to an SVT!!!

then again... if you're gonna put an aftermarket front end on it anyway....

and the 05 gets the groovy SVT front.

*shrug*

we'll see how it turns out! :)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Malakai said:
I dunno how the RS front looks on a 05.. I'mah have to search it up.

Otherwise I couldn't see why you would do such a terrible thing to an SVT!!!

then again... if you're gonna put an aftermarket front end on it anyway....

and the 05 gets the groovy SVT front.

*shrug*

we'll see how it turns out! :)

Dude Benny haha I have an 05 you took like a billion pictures of my car last weekend! [:p] Anyways I think the teaser pics look sick guys I cant wait to see it done and in person I might have to make a special run down there just to see it!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol thanks guys, yeah, once he gets the bumper it will look really good on his car, but mine made out like a bandit on this trade

·
Registered
500 Posts
FPLF0043 said:
lol thanks guys, yeah, once he gets the bumper it will look really good on his car, but mine made out like a bandit on this trade
Man honeslty I think they both look awsome, and the only reason I was able to guess is cause Jamse let it slip he was getting the rs bumper and I knew you wanted the 02 svt bumper [:p] really nice though! Did you take the SVT rear too?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no the rear won't fit on a sedan let alone the 05 rear, idk what i will do, for now i am waiting to see what else comes out for it.

·
FocusRush
1,774 Posts
Yeah, it was alot of fun and alot of work. Espically since we still had both cars on jackstands and then it started to rain....lol. Thank God for that awening (sp?). So it was dark, with rain, and we lost a TON of tools including a socket wrench that is nowhere to be found. I hope it's not in a fender or bumper. lol

·
Registered
500 Posts
RSVT170 said:
Yeah, it was alot of fun and alot of work. Espically since we still had both cars on jackstands and then it started to rain....lol. Thank God for that awening (sp?). So it was dark, with rain, and we lost a TON of tools including a socket wrench that is nowhere to be found. I hope it's not in a fender or bumper. lol

HAHA James I can see it now... driving down the road at 45 mph and the car behind you starts flashing their lights cause you have tools falling out from your car hahah [:D]

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
FPLF0043 said:
Okay, so As far as I know, Massive is the only one here that has done the front end swap from an 05 to 04 front swap.... Well, RSVT170 and myself have done just that plus one. We just got finished swapping my front end From his 02SVTF onto my 2005 SES........And Vice Versa!!!!!!!!!!!! The swap is about 99% done with only the windshield washer resiviours (sp?) to mount in. It was a fairly straight forwad swap but It took 2 of us a total of about 12 Hours to complete. were both currently having a problem with my new fogs not working at all and he is haveing some MAJOR fender rub on the drivers side. were heading to the junkyard tomarrow where they have an 05 and an 02 focus so we can pick and pull the final parts we need to make everything perfect. He won't be leaving the front end like this though for those of you that are thinking WTF?!?!?! The grill is going to be color matched red and the center left black, and the Front bumper is going to be replaced with an F2 RS. He is hoping it will be in at the end of this week, and then one us will post up more photos of the 100% finished product. Until then, here is a link to all of the photos in thumbnail format.

http://www.focusrush.com/myphotos

i have an 03 and I want to do an 05-06 front end conversion, did you just bolt up the fenders, hood, bumper and lights or was there tons of stuff to work around?

If it's too hard I wont do it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Basically it's just a bolt on setup, but you have to do some wiring for the Turnsignals if the harness isn't the same, and for the foglights because the clips don't match up with the 05 shroud.

·
FocusRush
1,774 Posts
Re: Re: 05-04 Face change and 02-05 Face change

03_SPI_sedan said:
i have an 03 and I want to do an 05-06 front end conversion, did you just bolt up the fenders, hood, bumper and lights or was there tons of stuff to work around?

If it's too hard I wont do it.
It's not too hard. To go from the 00-04 front to the 05+ front is an easy swap. The problem of the windshiled washer resiviours that Little Red and Massive had are not an issue when going with the newer front from an older focus. Just keep it where it's at. Anyone with standard hand tools can do this swap. Just when you remove the bolts from something, keep them organized so you know which one goes where when you put it back together. When you do the swap, PM me and I'll tell you how to get to the hard find bolts.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lol yeah, bolts, don't lose or mix those up cause you'll have to align the body panels which i can't do because i lost a few of the bolts. Just take your time and dedicate a day to it so your not rushed.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
So it really measures up almost perfect? thats strange the 05-06's look skinnier to me, I guess I'll wait till someone gets rear ended and go to a junk yard and pick up the parts.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts