Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all: Key Mazda in Hilton Head, S.C., still has an 04 Focus SVT, listed in today's Savannah paper. They are asking $16,591. ph#, 1888-211-7144.[thumb]

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
Sounds like it is brand new since he said the dealer 'still' has it, I'm assuming it never sold.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
thats kinda steep...paid 13.5 17000 miles!!!!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
That is quite steep, at least it would be in the northeast where I live and got mine. Perhaps they are an easier sell in GA. I got mine for 2.5k cheaper last year with the same miles.

·
Registered
524 Posts
WD40 said:
24,396 miles, and the price is now at $16,551.
Oh, says 4dr hatch, so....ZX5.
http://key-mazda.ebizautos.com/detail.aspx?iid=970332
And this is for a car that sold for around $19k new, and is now 2 years old and has almost 25k miles on it.

That's pretty damn good resale it's holding - even if they only end up getting $15.5k or around that.

Tougher for someone trying to buy; great for us who own them already.

Love it. [:D]

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
right on scorpio1118-2000

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
That's exactly what KBB says the dealer retail price should be. I got my 04 Euro 2 years ago with 9,000 miles for $15,800, doesn't seem right for them to be costing more with more mileage now. I think that car is worth $12-13K tops.

·
Registered
613 Posts
most dealers over charge for SVTs
carmax has one right now, a regular '03 with 40K on it
and they were asking 15,500 I said they were WAY over priced
and they seemed suprised
I told 'em their' seriously wrong on all their' foci
that's why we call them STEALERships

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
http://jamesford.homestead.com/

These guys have 6 SVTs including 3 Euros, Yellow, Orange, and Red, the three rarest colors. They're asking $16,499, $17,499, and $16,499 respectively.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Everyone is coming in here, saying, "when I got my SVTF 2 years ago..." or "I bought my SVT last year, and it only cost me..."

That was then; this is now. That was when the car was in production, or at least there was a pretty good supply of them left over on dealer's lots.

The new ones are all gone now off of lots, and they're not making new ones - it's the law of suppy and demand. What is so hard about understanding that there is no new supply, and the demand is still there, so that causes values to go up? Jesus.

And why are all you SVTF owners so pissed off about your cars being worth $2k more than you thought? What if you decide to sell your car or trade it in? Are you going to stand on principle, and insist on selling your '04 Euro for $14,000 instead of $16,500 to the lucky purchaser?

Give me a break. I have a car that has lost minimal value in almost 3 years, and I'm frigging super happy about that. I bet I have seen the same people posting over the past couple of years, bitching about how much value their cars LOST.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
[werd]
I couldn't have said it better myself.
We talked at length (in a thread here on FF) a while ago about the SVTF's value starting to level off.
I for one am damn happy that's ringing true, and even happier it's starting to go up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Aside from what the last 2 people said, don't you want to get the most for your car when you sell it? Or will you offer to sell it less than what the person is offering? Food for thought.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Sevendust said:
Aside from what the last 2 people said, don't you want to get the most for your car when you sell it? Or will you offer to sell it less than what the person is offering? Food for thought.
Now here's a happy man - he has two of them, and they're holding value like a BMW!

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Check the price post I don't see a lot of cars going for that high of a price and there are some recent purchases on there...including me

·
Registered
524 Posts
witchcitySVT said:
Check the price post I don't see a lot of cars going for that high of a price and there are some recent purchases on there...including me
What thread is that you're talking about?

Can you post a link?

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
I have no idea how to post a link ,but its in the svt owners lounge "how much did you pay?" I started it so my name will be in their as the person who posted it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts