Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
so, at first glance the connector pins looked like they got bent too far at some point and arent making full contact. will get a better look tonight after work since there was a chance of rain yesterday and it never did.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Update. Went to the yard and pulled another fuel rail pressure sensor and the harness for it. Switched out the sensor and now it's, for the most part, staying running. Now the issue I'm having is every so often the idle speed will get so low that it dies out. Having the AC on or really anything that helps bump the idle speed up works, or even just give a sliver of gas to keep it from dying works, too. Will test drive tomorrow to see if the stuttering issues is still there or not but otherwise seems very promising

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,346 Posts
Update. Went to the yard and pulled another fuel rail pressure sensor and the harness for it. Switched out the sensor and now it's, for the most part, staying running. Now the issue I'm having is every so often the idle speed will get so low that it dies out. Having the AC on or really anything that helps bump the idle speed up works, or even just give a sliver of gas to keep it from dying works, too. Will test drive tomorrow to see if the stuttering issues is still there or not but otherwise seems very promising
Check the pcv hose coming out of the back of the intake to the front of the engine on the drivers side. It may be collapsed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Check the pcv hose coming out of the back of the intake to the front of the engine on the drivers side. It may be collapsed.
it's not. when i took apart the intake after i first got it just to get eyes on things it was still in decent condition, just one of the tabs on the piece that goes into the airbox is busted off. but it started doing the same thing now, so it might be an ecu issue, which at that point im just going to sell it or just strip it out because racecar lol. still trying to do some digging

21 - 24 of 24 Posts