Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have searched over the weekend regarding this subject but cant seem to find a definite answer.

My question is, do i have to run a cable all the way to the Trunk light in order to tap into the trunk trigger at the latch? or is there a location up front where i could find that wire.

Also my car doesnt have power anything nor factory alarm, is there a trigger at the hood latch as well? if so , does anybody know where does it come to?

Thank you.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Not sure what it is that your asking.

Are you trying to install a custom button so that you can pop the trunk without pressing the button on the dash? The hatch door doesn't use a metal "cable" AFAIK and if it does, its extremely short and localized to the latch.

No hoods a electric button to pop it AFAIK as all the ones I have seen are cables.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replying.

I'm trying to wire the Trunk trigger to the alarm system i just installed and i just wanted to know if i need to run a wire to the trunk or not. I'm hoping i can find the right wire somewhere up front.

·
Registered
753 Posts
If the alarm system has a key fob that has the option to open the trunk then id just tap into the wires that are running to the trunk button on the dash.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its not the trunk release i'm trying to wire its the trigger so if the trunk opens the alarm will get triggered.

·
Registered
753 Posts
You will have to locate the button/switch (if any) that depresses when the hatch door opens. Probably in the Hatch door latch somewhere. I've not played in this area of my car so I don't have first hand knowledge but I am certain there is a button cause the interior lights activate when hatch I opened (read your first post again and i see what you're talking about now about tying into the light. All you can do is test, not sure how the alarm works but don't think you'd want to have power feedback). At a meeting right now but will look into it when I get home. As for the hood, I was under mine yesterday and there is a plunger ttype device which could JUST be for "popping" the hood but it could be a switch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts