Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of the sudden, my check engine light went on, and my overdrive warning light began flashing!! now, when I shift from park to drive or into reverse, the tranny engages really hard! I checked the fluid. level is good and I have not seen any leak spots. I am clueless when it comes to transmisions. Any ideas???? Thanks

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
mileage? last fluid/filter change?

whats the code?
i think we should make it mandatory for people to post codes not say the have a CEL because thats so useless and we can't help at all.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Look in the how-to section on reading the codes through the odometer, then repost with that and specifics on your car, mileage, last tune-up, mileage on tranny fluid, etc. There are people who will give you just what you need to know once they know the condition of your car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just did the odometer thing. It said dtc-9205. Hope that's helpful. As far as the last fluid change, I'm really not sure. I purchased the car last year and didn't get that info. The fluid looks o.k. (red, not dark) and the car has 50k for milelage. It has always ran fine so I havn't had a tune up, just routine maint. Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
the fluid/filter i think gets changed every 40k (or at-least thats when i always did mine).

and that isn't a code (or at-least i can't look it up in livelink, and it doesn't look like a code). you will need to
1.) get it scanned at autozone or soemthing
2.) buy a scanner to do it yourself.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry again, newbie zone! I re-ran the test. apparently I gave you the wrong info. I'll list some other numbers that came up and maybe something will resemble a code. EE 12 dt ffff cf1-00 cf2-00 cf3-00 cf4-00 If none of this is helpfull, I'll follow your advise.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
should be P something eg. P2905

i think some codes start with B. but those don't look like trouble codes. just get it scanned and write it down, they should actually be able to tell you want the cause is. eg. shift solenoid, but check back here first before buying parts.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
code p0705 (trans. range sensor circut A ) Anyone know what this is. Is this is a diy project and how much is the part. thanks

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
hopefully the adjustment works and doesn't cost you anything. i just finally got rid of that code. now i need to get rid of P0770. lol

i have a full ATX i pulled off my 04 if for some off chance you want it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I followed one suggestion and simply disconnected the battery for 15 min. It seemed like nothing changed (still had hard shifts from park to reverse and from park to drive) along with the flashing orange overdrive warning light. Then a few drives later, it began to shift normally!! and has been fine ever since. The check engine light has not gone off though. I guess I'll try the battery thing again and see if I can make that go away. Thanks for all the help!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
hey i had the same problem with my foci a while back and it turned out to be solenoid its a sensor there are a few of them and mine was sensor (a)
code po750 you can get the part at auto zone for 50$ and the labar is not much at all you can do it your self check it out and see if thats what he problem is.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts