Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, doing some research on the potential of throwing an ST motor and trans in my focus wagon. i am well aware that this will not be a bolt on swap and will require som fab work. But if anyone has some information, even if it's bad news it would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully i can start this project this summer.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Actually some good news.

I've seen posted around here that since Ford is selling the engines through Ford Racing, they also have a stand alone electronics setup avail. to use them in cars that didn't come with the engine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds good but I'd probably be getting a wreck and going from there, cheaper and I get all the stuff I need. Also the electronics they sell on ford racing is for their standalone ecoboost motor from them. If you try to use it on a production model it will send a weird code saying incorrect key or something of the kind. At least I think that's what I read.

·
Registered
567 Posts
If you have the skills and money it would be cool to actually see this get done .

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
I'd also check to see if the cradle, suspension can be swapped over or fabbed/ moddit to fit.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
This could be the coolest option for tired MkI Zetecs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts