Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Is it a 3 or 5dr? If its a 5dr you have one of only 29 made. I paid $10,900 for my 5dr Red Euro with 15k miles 6 months ago and thought I stole it.

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
^^ And there's a nice-looking one of THOSE in Florida on eBay now with only 20 or 30k miles on it...

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
horrible market to be selling this car in. You should just keep it until the economy gets a little better and try and keep the miles low.

·
Registered
588 Posts
look it up man KBB is your firend or do an Inet search

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
not what they SHOULD get...thats how much...but thats cool...later on i will be able to buy another SVTF for like $4k.....[hihi]

·
Registered
524 Posts
Just note that KBB doesn't account for the limitedness of the Euro packages even though it lets you add the options. And its a great time to sell a fuel efficient car, everybody wants them. Not a good time to sell a truck though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thks for all the responses, i probly should have been a little more clear, im not trying to sell the car i just wanted to know what i should have paid for it, Its the cleanest used car i have ever seen, when i got it about 4 months ago now it had just over 15k miles on it and they were asking 15,000 for it, well thats what they were supposed to be asking, the sales rep who sold it to me made me an offer i couldnt really refuse, just a bit of backround- I went Looking for cars i had no intention of buying one, i went to all the local dealers in my area (near Sac) and i finally ended up at the local toyota dealer (i dont like going there cause the salesmen are to pushy) i was looking around at yaris and celica's but they were way overpriced for what they are, as luck would have it one of the pushiest salesmen i have ever met came out and tried talking me into every car i walked by, i was just about to leave when one of the detailers drove past me in my soon to be red SVT, my jaw allmost dropped when i saw the car for the first time, needless to say i lost my cool for a sec which the rep took full advantage of. He started trying to get me to test drive the car (thank god i didnt or i would have probly paid whatever he asked for it). I started to leave when he asked my favorite question, "ok, what would it take to get you into a new car right now?" to which i said casually "ill put 3k down on any car you can get me into for under 180 a month on a 5 year" he turned to the little red ford sitting in a sea of toyotas and said i can do that on this for you and he began doing the math. The SVT had just been traded in hours befor by a young man that needed a four wheel drive and the rep had no idea what it was going to be sold for so he said 10k and i turned to leave and he said 9k and i stopped and turned back around and said ok. Just few more fun facts, after he found out what it was supposed to be priced at he tried to pull a quick one on me but i caught him at it and ended up coming out with a new toyota warranty for free :)
so heres the run down
15k SVT that i paid 10K out the door
its got a full 36k 5 year warranty (so 51k or 2013) that covers everything except brakes, tires and the clutch (yes i even get free wiper blades)

So based on what im reading i think i did well :)

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
You stole it.

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
Just note that KBB doesn't account for the limitedness of the Euro packages even though it lets you add the options. And its a great time to sell a fuel efficient car, everybody wants them. Not a good time to sell a truck though.
Is 23 MPG combined on 91 octane fuel efficient (for a 4-banger, none the less)? If so, I must be missing something

·
Registered
524 Posts
If you get 23 MPG in a Focus SVT you're missing how to drive normally. I don't get any less then 26mpg combined, and that's with a heavy foot. EPA ratings are all bunk. 31mpg highway is just as good as your Accord, and an SVT is way more fun to drive.

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
If you get 23 MPG in a Focus SVT you're missing how to drive normally. I don't get any less then 26mpg combined, and that's with a heavy foot. EPA ratings are all bunk. 31mpg highway is just as good as your Accord, and an SVT is way more fun to drive.
well regardless of the fun factor (please drive one before you say something like that..it handles as well as the SVT and is more balanced AND pulls more G's in on-ramps), I drove my SVT very easily and rarely put the throttle all the way down. I assume you fill up on 93 octane but we only have 91 out here in CA. Frankly because of all the emissions regulations in CA, even our best gas is crap compared to a lot of states. I don't think my car ran bad at all..I just never got great gas mileage out of her ESPECIALLY for being a 2.0 liter 4-cylindar car that uses premium fuel. There is a very differentiated trend on FF between SVT owners gas mileage. Some people claim no more than 22 combined, some people get 38MPG on the highway and never less than 30 in the city..yet nobody seems to have any idea how this could happen.

One thing that IS universal, is that if you stay the speed limit, you get better mileage on the highway. Don't go 75 in a 65. Go 65 in a 65 and you will get better mileage, period. Go 85 in a 65 on average and watch your gas mileage drop from ~28-30MPG to 22-24MPG on a long road trip.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts