Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, if you didn't already know, I bought an 04 SVT Sunday. It's been getting serviced all week, and I FINALLY got to drive it today. Just to find out the freakin transmission is GONE. Well, it drives still but... it will NOT go in reverse at all. When I shift its like I'm going 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th, 3rd, 4th. My dad and my boyfriend had to push me up the street. (we live on a dead end and have to turn around and drive back up the street to park...)

We're going back to the dealer tomorrow and telling him if he can't fix it then we're not buying it. Which sucks bc I already fell in love with it...

[bigcry] [bigcry] [bigcry] [bigcry]

·
Registered
400 Posts
Sounds like a possible linkage problem? check all the cables are mounted to the tranny correctly under the "underhood" fuse box and check this thread again, soemone may have some wisin' for both of us.

Andrew

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The gears are out of sync and everything. My dad is taking it back, I've tried talking him into taking it somewhere to get it looked at first but he won't do it, he said the engine is next bc the valves or something, idk, I was pretty pissed and I have a problem where I don't pay attention when I'm pissed :) But it is pretty loud. Especially when I let off the clutch and start to pull out, and when I shift gears you can hear it clanking outside.

·
Registered
400 Posts
That sucks lol keep looking for another, as you know these cars are awesome and not everyone has them which makes them that much better lol. keep tryin and good luck with everything hope it works out...

Andrew

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. :( I wish there was something I could do to fix it.:(

After we take it back we're going to test drive a Cobalt. It's not an SS tho. :( It's yellow.... and when I first saw it I said I could black it out and it would be my bumble bee. :) lol.

But, I want to keep the focus. hgvsiodhfoklcdsyhjiosklfd :'(

·
Michael J. Caboose
6,512 Posts
I had the shifter fail on me once, it was the linkage...wouldn't shift past 4th! Good luck, bro.

·
Premium Member
3,110 Posts
It doesn't sound like a major mechanical failure just the linkage is messed up...I have never had it happen to me but from reading here and the responses i would take it back to the dealer have them fix it and give it another very good ;) test drive to make sure everything is in good mechanical condition. When i shift into 2nd i can here it occasionally make a "clank" noise if i roll down my window but everything is good on my car...but even if the car isn't salvagable NO COBALT PLEASE!!! LOL, there is yellow foci get one of those and black it out and call that your bumble bee :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol, hell no Cobalt. :)

I'm a girl. for 1 :)

And it was the cables & linkage and stuff. We took it back to the dealer and he said it should be fixed by this weekend or Monday, I updated my cardomain. I was number 10 on the SVT's last time I looked :/ Which is weird bc I was number 1 yesterday :/ Oh well.

I get to keep it [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

·
Registered
708 Posts
congrats!!

That's wonderful news

What kind of package do you have on the SVT (euro package, winter package, audiophile package)

·
Registered
400 Posts
Euro or EAP comes with 10 spoke rims, usually dark grey in color. It also has Black leather Recaro seats and door panels.

Winter package, i believe all EAPs came with this, its heated seats and traction control (buttons are right behine the shifter on the center console)

Audiophile is a 6 disc change, in dash, amp, and 8" sub in the back.

Hope i didnt miss anything and hope that helps

·
Registered
400 Posts
Nice, mine was an audiophile but the previous owner HACKED the heck outta my stock system and harnes beyond repair, i need a new harness all the way back to the sub, no connectors and somehow, he lost the power wire to the CD player so its been hardwired ever since i got the car. No bueno lol

Andrew

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol, no bueno, that's funny. But I'm sorry :/ They probably wouldn't have any of that at a junkyard either, would they?

BTW, I love your kill list [:D] I almost got a white Scion tC. It was too banged up tho, it had 3 cracks in the windshield and rocks in the headlights lol. But it was clean. Just a few scratches.... (not being sarcastic)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Congrats on grabbing your svtf! I'ts a pain to find one in decent shape, espeically in NOVA. I checked three different online used car sites and there are only 4 available in VA! If you take good care of it, it will take good care of you! Enjoy!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol, thanks [:)]
and it is indeed getting fixed at the moment and is hopefully already fixed! and the valves are clattering real bad (and REAL loud) and the headlight has a shortage in it.. and the foglights have a mind of their own, and i def. want them bc they're sexy [:)]

this is the most welcoming forum i've ever been on. & the most mature. [:D]

·
Slow n lifted
10,570 Posts
we are all a big family!!!!!!! and i hope you get all the issues fixed with the svt. if the dealer doesnt then im sure we can help you.

and that sucks about the sc. what exactly happened?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
................you lost me. what sc? you mean tc? idk? it was at a dealer too. they "didn't know the windshield was cracked or anything about the car".

lol [:I]

·
Registered
400 Posts
tcs are way clean and torquy i only pull on em in higher rpm. agreed though big family [wave] [clap] [chair] [boxface] [driving] lol, today i was driving on Hwy 50 near sacramento and i saw a Lotus Elise so i hurried up to catch him and i notice the passenger eye ballin me somethin crazy i was like "wo what the heck" next thing i know he is danglin FOFO keys at me haha i was like [thumb] good thing, i like when ppl that own SVT's and such actually realize what they have, such as you have lol nice, and congrats with keepin it and getting if fixed.

[clap]
Andrew

1 - 20 of 20 Posts