Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so once again my 04 svt is giving me trouble again, last night it got down to 8 or 9 degrees (pretty cold for southern tn) but the car overheated and started blowing cold air no matter what setting I put air on. The coolant reservoir was blowing hot coolant from under the the reservoir cap. Any help would be great, is it the thermostat stuck closed ? The heater core blocked and need replacing? I'm at a loss here fella's.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was thinking, is it worth the extra money for the c-f-m revised thermostat or should I just stick with an OEM from the parts house?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plan on keeping it for awhile. It is paid for so changing parts on it every once in awhile is cheaper than a payment book. So I am assuming the extra $$$ on the c-f-m is the better route?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,301 Posts
Tack on the updated t-stat housing too.......Don't use the worm clamps either. Use the oem style clamps.

·
Registered
513 Posts
ALSO ... test your coolant with a legit coolant tester. If you need to change it DO NOT EVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE USE GM DEXCOOL If you don't buy Ford brand coolant (and you don't need to) I VERY STRONGLY recommend Zerex G-05 in the gold jug...not green/yellow of the old fashioned regardless of brand.

I do not believe in brand loyalty BUT I do know chemistry - BUT DON'T take my word for it - read the labels and test reviews yourself.

If you plan on keeping the car it's the best choice aside from Mercedes-Benz brand for MUCH more $.

·
Registered
15,421 Posts
They loosen after a couple weeks to try to leak when the rubber gives under heat, a single retighten takes care of that but the one joint under the coil is hard to get to to do that.

I use them and they work forever once retightened.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts