Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a quick search and didn't find anything relevant to the 05s, but maybe I didn't use the right words.

In any case, you might be wondering why a mustang owner stumbled into a Focus forum.. well, my best buddy just smashed his Focus into the back of a coworkers car and needs a new bumper and hood.

I figured, he could use his $500 deductable on something nice for a change. Now looking at the 04 SVT Focus and the 05 ZX3, there are subtle differences, but if I know Ford, they're significant enough to where they just wont mix.

Will the SVT Focus front bumper cover fit onto a 2005 ZX3 SE? And probably not the hood?

If anyone can share some sites where we can look at non-ricer bodykits and hoods, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance! [:D]

Attachments

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
You'd have to get nearly an entire front end from the SVT. Its been done before and looks great. Look on the homepage at the Ride of the Year, thats an 05 ST with an SVT front end and it looks amazing.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Yes, he will need new fenders, new hood, and new headlights to match that bumper.

It's been done, believe it or not they bolt right up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, if he's willing... He brought it into a dealership and I've been there before. They don't like the idea of switching around parts, it's either stock, or they want nothing to do with it.

If I can convince him to bring it to Galpin Auto Sports... Either way, his deductable is $500 and he has a couple thousand in repairs.

I'm guessing the RS bumper wont fit the ZX3? That's if I can even find one to buy.

Gorgeous.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Tell him he can buy me one too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damn! They raised the price on the body kit from $750 to $1000 overnight! [:(!]

Well, he'll be getting the front bumper cover only anyway. But $750 was almost doable.

The bumper doesn't look right on that silver focus, probably because they didn't paint the vents and fog lamp areas black like they are on the real RS. I'll make sure he knows this. Should look kickass when it's done. [thumb]

·
Registered
649 Posts
careful, isn't that a widebody kit, so it might protrude beyond the front fenders? Wouldn't want the bumper cover to be 2 inches wider than the rest of the car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bacarl said:
careful, isn't that a widebody kit, so it might protrude beyond the front fenders? Wouldn't want the bumper cover to be 2 inches wider than the rest of the car.
I noticed that then saw that the fender flares also go on the bumper cover, leading me to believe that the bumper is normally level with the stock bumper, and that the flares extent both the bumper and the fenders.

Too bad the flares cost more than the bumper. [8]

·
Registered
120 Posts
Mate, i don't think you can just buy the front bumper... look at how far out the front portion of the wheel well protrudes.. that is a part of the bumper.. its going to look silly without the fender flares too
D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
[edit] After looking at this photo

I'm not sure. You're probably right though.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Go after the "Independent F2 RS Body Kit Pieces"

That should be the non-widebodied pieces...and those should fit just fine w/o fender flares

After looking at the site a bit more...it seems that the only widebody pieces they have are in the entire widebody package...everything else seems is "standard width"

So i think it should be fine [thumb]

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
superchop said:
Go after the "Independent F2 RS Body Kit Pieces"

That should be the non-widebodied pieces...and those should fit just fine w/o fender flares

After looking at the site a bit more...it seems that the only widebody pieces they have are in the entire widebody package...everything else seems is "standard width"

So i think it should be fine [thumb]
Yeah, I noticed when looking at the individual pieces vs. wide body vs. standard body, the fender flares actually go on top of the bumper cover too. So without the fender flares they're leveled anyway.

And what's this about the group buy? Exactly how much $$ are we talking here? I have to see first if he likes that kit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts