Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 4 door with stock stero system. Wife want's something better. I hear the stock speakers are bout good as your going to get. That I should upgrade the Stock deck. [drummer]

What Should I look for in a new/used deck(I'm cheap)
I already found her a 10" sub and a truck box. I'm pawn shopping for an amp.
What to get to run her her rolling jukebox is next question.

I hope I found the right section to post this in.

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
Whoever said the stock speakers are good was either lying, or highly misinformed, A decent set of kenwoods/polks/etc will make a huge difference in the quality of sound that the car produces. Especially if you power them with a small amp.

Depending on what features you want in your headunit, the price can go up and down. Try to stick with a decent brand (pioneer, kenwood, alpine, etc) Steer way clear of cheaper brands and ebay specials. Im not a fan of buying used electronics, but thats your choice.

If you just want a basic setup, this is a good choice :

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KDC...nvpair=FFBrand|Pioneer&nvpair=FFBrand|Kenwood

Make sure to buy a bezel adapter, antenna adapter, and wiring harness adapters.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I always stick to name brand electronics.
I have an $400 HD stero in the ZX2 :( the sound goes up and down as I drive down the highway as the HD goes in and out. I hate it.

That's a really good priced unit you have there. But there is a Pioneer almost like it for $20 at the pawnshop.

I heard the stock speaker thing in a few threads on this site before while lurking.
Does the focus really need an antenna adapter?

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Posted via FF Mobile If you buy from Crutchfield they include all your stuff to hook it up out of the box. Ie... wire harness, adapter plates and things like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts