Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, working on a family member's 04 SOHC focus auto trans and the ford dealerships are driving me insane. One dealership told me they only have one motor mount, the other said they have two. Its my understanding that they have 3 Motor mounts on these cars. The part numbers they gave me are
Torque restrector
5s4z-6068-aa
and
ys4z60385a

They couldnt come up with anything for a third mount. Anyone have the OEM part numbers on hand so i can just call up there and give them to the Parts dept.
Thanks Again!!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
It's all sematics - & what you ask for.

The Focus cars have only ONE "motor mount", I.E. a mount that attaches to the engine - and it's called an "isolator" most often for isolating vibration from the chassis.

There is also a transmission "isolator" mounted on the top of the trans., and the "torque restrictor" that mounts to it as well.

I'll throw this in General Tech Chat for more looks, you can look up some numbers yourself on FordParts.com . A Vendor like Village Ford (vendors section) can get you pieces at a discount if you decide to go that way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for moving it to the proper section. I've checked the ford site with mostly, well, terrible results. I checked the site with the keyword search isolator and came up with the motor mount. However the keyword torque came up with nothing. That kind of leaves me SOL. Does anyone have the actual part numbers or links they'd care to share? Thanks!

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
2004 SOHC auto:
front/passenger side/hydraulic mount/isolator: YS4Z 6038 FA
rear mount/right side/dogbone:5S4Z 6068 BA
driver's side/transmission mount: 5S4Z 7M121 B

Part numbers may have been superceded by later numbers but the above should get you started. Mounts vary by year, engine type (Zetec, SPI, SVT, Duratec 2.0 and 2.3) and gearbox type (Getrag 6spd, IB5 5 speed, MTX-75 5-speed or 4F27E auto) so there are lots of variables.

First part number you were given is for a Zetec (DOHC) auto dogbone. Second part number doesn't exist as far as I can tell. May be a typo or transcription error?

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
2 trans mounts and 1 engine....................think kid's swingset, the two chains coming down to bolt to the swing seat are the engine mount and trans mount, they allow engine/trans (the kid on seat) to swing back and forth front to rear as mounted in car. Think then of Dad pulling back slightly on the swing chains to pull the kid slightly out of vertical, the third mount or 'roll restrictor', since it stops the other two from swinging. That's the so-called dogbone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts