Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 211 Posts

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Thanks for the recommendations.

1. Thanks for the link. Was not sure about this as the ST170 Euro lights I have on my ZX3 have never needed to be polished or cleaned to remove the fog/haze of the plastic. So was not sure how environmental that may be. I will take a look at it. Before any long term laminate gets put on I will want to likely redo the polishing. Want those things like crystal.

2. Have never had to deal with PVC. Did PVC delete with catch can on my other car. When doing the PCV is it also worth removing the canister and trying to drain it? I think the hose was recently replaced as it looks in good condition and not the rotting out condition like many who have problems.

3. Yep. Scarry thing is the suspension was swaped out 6 years ago and is already bad. My Koni Sport on the ZX3 has been on it for about 9 years and still feels good and looks good.

4. I am currently running the pilot sport AS on the ZX3 and like the feel. I have BFG Rivals for summer / track tire.

5. Not sure if K&n came stock. A Fram was in mine when I got it and I have had good past experience with ITG so that's what I put in.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Good looking car!!

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Good looking car!!
Thanks. I think so as well. A bit more rust than expected but still good considering michigan/Ohio winters it's whole life.

Got these today:

No more lift gate falling on me.

Reactions: UnFocusedST

·
Multi-Focusing
3,868 Posts
Be careful. That dam spring clip can shoot off of those like 50 feet lmao. I backed a hatch in the garage once and replaced the hatch struts and one of those dam spring clips fired off like a bullet lol...Never found it. [headbang]

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Haha yea they are a pain. Got it off. The shocks might not be as bad as I thought they were... Could have just been the cold but it at least stays at the level I open it now. It won't self close. The old shocks would hold it open only if it was in the all the way lifted position. If I only open it half way the hatch stays opened in that position now. I remember the ones I replaced on my Jeep and IIRC also on the ZX3 it would almost open like a rocket when new.

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

Now to find a time that it's not below freezing out side. Going to wash my microfiber cloths tonight and try to clean in the morning and apply various coats through the day tomorrow.

·
Registered
21 Posts
^^ I love chemical guys stuff! Haven't used their leather products, but I have some of their polishes. Stuff smells so good I could eat it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I have heard good things about their products. This is the first of their stuff I am using. Want to get one of the good buffer/wheels. And then do a full cut and buff and Polish of the car to get an idea of the true condition of the paint.

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Got the start of suspension components need to wait till tax returns are in for the springs, Shocks, and struts.

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I have them on the Tick and have loved them and taken the abuse I have put them through. It looks like they have a better integrated boot on them now than 7 years ago.

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
The nice thing is it looks like the new ones (or at least more new than my older ones) they have the grease Zerk fitting already installed. So no worry about getting it in at an angle, or over toque it and strip it.

Going to be placing an order with Prothane rear spring isolators, rear swaybar links and bushings, front swaybar bushings. And then a assembled SVT OEM struts and rear shocks and springs.

This should be a nice full refresh of the suspension.

Any thing else I should take a look at or replace while getting in a do this?

I know my ball joints and lower control arm bushings are on the end of life also but don't have the funds as of now to replace those. There is no play I think mostly the bushings are just old and lost most of their spring.

·
Multi-Focusing
3,868 Posts
For 900 (or less can't remember) bucks you can get the Pro Plus kit from EiBach. Comes with 22MM rear and 26MM front sway bars IIRC.

I convinced my wife it was a better deal lol.

Rides almost like a new car only lower. [driving]

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,624 Posts
For 900 (or less can't remember) bucks you can get the Pro Plus kit from EiBach. Comes with 22MM rear and 26MM front sway bars IIRC.

I convinced my wife it was a better deal lol.

Rides almost like a new car only lower. [driving]
I had the Saleen version (silver struts, red springs) for my 05 and loved them. Greatest setup I've had on that car.

Sent from another garage.

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Staying stock!!!!

Hahaha. If I am going to I would get Koni Yellow. I would then use the Koni springs I have on the ZX3 on the SVT and get H&R Race springs for the ZX3. I love my Koni.

·
ninja lurker status
23,137 Posts
I had the Saleen version (silver struts, red springs) for my 05 and loved them. Greatest setup I've had on that car.

Sent from another garage.
that was my first drop kit. i loved it.
my megans and KYB AGX was my final set before i went to my coils

·
ninja lurker status
23,137 Posts
Staying stock!!!!

Hahaha. If I am going to I would get Koni Yellow. I would then use the Koni springs I have on the ZX3 on the SVT and get H&R Race springs for the ZX3. I love my Koni.
but it would be kinda OEM+ lol

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Improved OEM right?

Who knows down the road things may get further tweaked but for the time being the OEM shocks, struts, and springs are what I am looking for. Extra time and money beyond that needs to go into getting a new motor for the ZX3, Turbo, Diff, new clutch, and Super Hubs....

Please people if you are going to track you car you need super hubs please get on and say you want some so we can get the 7 people needed for the minimum run.

I need them if I want to not brake hubs at the track... and so do you! :)

41 - 60 of 211 Posts