Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently contiplating upgrading my 4 5x7 stock speakers for 4 6x8 Infinity Reference 6812's. I then got to thinking that maybe I should get an after market amp aswell while keeping my stock head unit. My questions are 1: Is my stock head unit self powered or is there a stock amp somewhere, 2: How many watts is my stock set up pushing, 3: Is it possible there is plenty of stock power and just going with my original speaker upgrade will be all the upgrade I will need. I want good sound without breaking the bank. I did my 2 12' sub systems in my younger years so I have grown out of that Kind of senerio. I am a simpler kind of guy now that I am in my mid 30's.

Do you guys think changing out just the stock speakers would be a good enough upgrade for a guy like me. Infinity also sells some seperates, so I would even consider them for the fronts, 6x8 woofer in the door with the tweeters up by the a-pillars and the 2 way 6x8's for the back doors. Thanks for any comments.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm trying to keep the stock appearance, budget low, and have as good a sound as I can get keeping the stock CD player. I'm starting to think that tweets by the A-pillars with a 5x7/6x8 woofers in the front doors and some matching (same manufacturer) 2-way speakers for the rear doors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.