Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I have a question - I have a 04 Ford Focus SE which I have Left front humming noise coming out. I replaced My front brakes and rotors with Wagners at the beginning of the summer. For the last 2 weeks the humming sound is getting louder and louder however, she drives like a dream and my stopping is superb. Does anyone know what this could be?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At first I thought that maybe the issue, I had taken my 17 inch rims off and replaced them with my stock rims. That wasn't it. I am so puzzled. Usually i can guess what's wrong with it.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
i also have wagners..i have wagner thermoquiets....i have some sort of a humming sound too coming from them...my pads "hummed" for about 1000 miles than the sound went away

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, so you mean to tell me that I have to (live with that noise for) 1000 miles? lol
That is crazy. I didn't hear it when I had them put on. Actually I have the thermoquiets too.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thats a wheel bearing problem. Bring it to a garage and they will check for front end for play or suspend the car on a hoist and drive it or spin the wheels and they will be able to see what side it's coming from. Sometimes even a tire will give you some road noise due to abnormal tread wear that can be mistaken for a wheel bearing noise. Good luck.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I would say a wheel bearing, that seems to be a common problem, and was a problem with mine. Although mine made a lot of noise from the cv carrier bearing on the passenger side, or whatever it is called [scratch]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts