Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
soo about 8 months ago i bought the H&R race springs, koni struts and KYB strut mounts.... turns out in less than a year, i already had the right front upper strut mount replaced and yesterday the front left upper strut mount went out. So i called tire rack (where i bought the stuff from) and they told me i could warranty them out and what not but i asked for KYB's phone number. When i contacted them, they told me that they KYB strut mount is made for only OEM applications and that i could replace and warranty their mount in all i want but it is still going to go out. Well not going out more like shatter into pieces (will post pic later). So that leaves me with my question...... what strut mount should i buy???

The other 2 i have found are just the OEM ones or the MOOG. Has anyone had any experience with these mounts going out???? if so what finally fixed the problem for you?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i just went ahead and got the dealer one..... i'll see how it goes and i'll let the forum know... as of now stay away from KYB strut mounts

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
That's just one thing that kyb can get out of warranties. just like if you run their agx's w/ more then a 1.5'' drop springs. Not saying I run kyb parts. Glad you have a pr of ford/motorcraft ones coming.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts