Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on a friends car, she is complaining of it not running right. So i checked codes and it has multiple misfire codes and O2 sensor codes for too lean and too rich? I dont really know anything bout fords, i was a volvo mechanic for a couple of years. The car has 96000 miles and she bought it used and has never replaced the plugs or wires. She had the timing belt done a few months ago she believes. And i dont remember the exact code numbers it set but those are the descriptions that i remember. If anyone can help me i would appreciate it cause i was gonna replace the plugs and wires tonight and see if that fixes it but i dont wanna waste my time if i should look else where.

·
Registered
324 Posts
well maybe check for a sluggish pre-cat O2 sensor? but yea id say check the plugs and wires first... then do an ecu reset and see whether the codes come back.. if they do... have a look at the O2 sensor and the also the coil pack.. could be a bad coil pack tbh. with 96K on the clock coupled with focuses being notorious for coil packs dying, i wouldnt be surprised if it is the coil pack..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, ill change the plugs and wires first. I was going to do the coil pack but i cant find one thats not expensive at the store because im paying for it for her cause she has no money and i dont wanna spend a ton lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts