Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my front and rear passenger side door need to be replaced. The car is an 05 zx5. I was at pick and pull today, and they have 3 focus's that match my color, and have good doors. The problem being they are 03-04 models. I know the interior and front end changed in 05, but was wondering if the doors will be the same and bolt up?

I have compared as many pics as i could, and they look the same, but if i buy them and they dont work, they dont offer refunds.... So all i need to know, is a definitive yes or no.

One more question, where can i find these black rocker panel covers in this pic?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So just wanted to post up, in case anyone searches for a similar question, the doors in fact do swap right in. All door accessories work fine, all the connectors and harness work, even the inside handle are the same. And i picked up the side skirts from a ford parts wrecker across the street from my pick and pull.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Hey thanks for the info......nice to know for sure. Does the setup have power windows and mirrors? Wondering if you could put say a door w/o power, on a powered door model.....by just swapping the regulator/motor and wiring.

And the covered rocker panel thing.....I never saw anything like that. Those are just plastic covers that slap on a stock setup, without changing the basic shape of the rocker panel? Know where a person might find such a thing?

I've been flirting with the idea of painting my rockers black.....this would be easier.

FWIW.....I got my passenger doors smashed a few years ago (Sentra). Finding the doors was easy enough. Fitting them was a bear, since the door frames were tweaked inward slightly......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks for the info......nice to know for sure. Does the setup have power windows and mirrors? Wondering if you could put say a door w/o power, on a powered door model.....by just swapping the regulator/motor and wiring.

And the covered rocker panel thing.....I never saw anything like that. Those are just plastic covers that slap on a stock setup, without changing the basic shape of the rocker panel? Know where a person might find such a thing?

I've been flirting with the idea of painting my rockers black.....this would be easier.

FWIW.....I got my passenger doors smashed a few years ago (Sentra). Finding the doors was easy enough. Fitting them was a bear, since the door frames were tweaked inward slightly......
If you were to find a non power door, it would be a snap to swap in your power pieces, The rear door i got was stripped sans the window, and i swapped all the pieces from the old one and they went right into place.

As for the rocker covers, they are an OEM piece from what i found out, they went right on with no fuss. I used 3M body molding tape along the length, and bolted it at the front and rear, using the holes in the covers as a guide.

Also, the door went on with no fight at all, minor adjusting as needed, but it lined up perfect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts