Votes: 12 23.1%
  • 07 2.0 5 speed

Votes: 40 76.9%
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i might be trading my auto 2.3 in for an 07 5 speed 2.0 because my payments will be cheaper/around the same and i will have a warranty, as my 04's just ran out.

what do you guys think of 2.0s? i told myself (no offense to any 2.0s) i would never go below a 2.2l engine, because 2.0- are sometimes hard to make sound non ricey. there are some 2.0 foci in townthat sound like crap!

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Its hard to make an I-4 not sound like crap, no matter what size engine, IMO.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Egz said:
Its hard to make an I-4 not sound like crap, no matter what size engine, IMO.
i beg to differ, ever hear a an old british I-4 when it is properly tuned?

and i had the sweetest tone ever with my cossie catback exhuast before i added my header, everyone thought it was a a 2.5 svt countour motor becuaxse it never sounded like a 4 banger, now it does but it's all cool

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
get the 07, you'll maybe be faster because its a 5 speed even though you'll have .3 less liters. And as for "ricey" , I highly doubt that less than half a liter is going to make it sound much different than your 2.3. The other 2.0 foci's probably sound like crap cause they have crap for an exhaust. My borla for my 2.0 zetec doesnt sound anything like poop. It being a stick, having a warenty, and having the same payments for a newer car would be enough to sell me. Hell, just having a stick would sell me. But I'm biased because I HATE my auto. Anyways, I say buy it.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, i really wanted sap but they dont have one anywhere near here. and i'm not dissing anyones 2.0 exhausts, just saying its easier to find smaller motors that sound like poop than bigger ones

·
Registered
90 Posts
I really don't think the size of a inline 4 has anything to do with the sound. just because one motor is a 2.0 litre and another has .2 more displacement you think one is going to sound rice and one isnt?? differant motors, differant heads, differant strokes, differant bores, differant exhaust manifolds/headers and exhaust systems ALL sound differant!!! My 2.0 Duratec with the resonator delete sounds just like an ST to me? engine designs my friend. you think a pushrod GM 2.2 is going to sound like a Honda H22 DOHC 2.2 of a completely differant design? no!

Jake

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they have a black on there right now with a 5 speed for 13k, but theres no options on it, and i gotta have power windows lol

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'll probably get it anyways though, its cheap and that way it will weigh less because no electric motors :p the only option on it is AC. lol. when i went there today so he could look at my car to make sure theres nothing wrong with it when i trade it in, he saw the faint outline of numbers on my window, and was like so do you race this thing? lol. i was like uhh...noo.. my uhh girlfriend wrote her number on my window..lol. i'm sure he figured out i was lying when he saw my mods under my hood. dude when he started my car AND the manager started up my car, they were both revving it up?? wtf! lol. i was inside his office and i heard it.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
would a 2.0 with intake and catback -almost- keep up with an st?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
112/116 whp?? thats what the dyno of a 2.0 duratec shows running 91 octane. is this an auto? cuz gees...i had my stock base automatic cobalt dynod and it had 117/119 whp

·
Registered
90 Posts
the base cobolt has a bigger motor and more hp. nicer interior and you can get a coupe. I don't mind the cobolt. they are a good deal for the base models even. stock for stock I don't know what would be faster tho.

Jake

·
Registered
440 Posts
with my cai, exhaust, tb, and 93 oct tune i can beat a svt in the 1/4 mile. but they tend to catch up real fast thou lol. 2.0 and 2.3 isnt that much of a differance at all. there are more mods for the ST thou. with what i got its fun quick and i can still bring it to the track and pull off a 15.4 1/4 time. plus the mtx is great and from what im told the atx cant handle much power and ive drivin both and the auto shifts hard. you can never go wrong with a stick. AND no auto windows make it a little lighter so think performance [;)] but thats just my $.02

·
1fastfocus05
1,592 Posts
my hp is sopposed to be 136,,,but i was on the dyno today and ran at 111 but tom said its the MAF sensor cause i messed with it..that my cars running to lean,,,i hope to get it fixed soon and get back to the dyno

·
1fastfocus05
1,592 Posts
i have an 2.0 duratec and its awsome besides the problem im having...of course everyone wants a 2.3 but i saw some badass svt with turbo's today running 260 hp....now thats a car

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
my payments all depend on what they give me for my car, because that pretty much determines the price of how much i'll be financing. if they give me 8000 i will be paying a lot less than i am now. if they give me 6000 i'lll be paying around the same/a little more. i dont know how much my car is worth...low miles and no mechanical problems...but it has mods and the body kit is torn up..and had the engine replaced...anyone know about how much they might give me? 04 2.3 auto fully loaded but no sunroof/cd changer. 33k miles. no paint/body damage except for body kit. i can take off the headlights and the strut bar, but thats it.

oh and is it true i have to get the top o the line focus just to get a tach?

·
Registered
325 Posts
07's have 2.0 Duratecs and the 2.3 will walk all over the 2.0 anyday of the week. Besides the 05 2.0 my wife has, it has no pick up and my 03 2.3 well it'll jump!! 2.3 all the way man. and the ATX in the 2.3 is stronger than the 2.0 ATX to handle the larger amount of torque. The MTX's are fun and they are also nice to handle power adders. So unless you want to spend 2-4 thousand dollars then the ATX will do just fine.... 2.0 Duratecs?[8]

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nomoreavril said:
oh and is it true i have to get the top o the line focus just to get a tach?
is it ? i dont want to have to buy some aftermarket gauge just to see my rpms, and i dont know how to install one:p

1 - 20 of 77 Posts