Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member.

Like the subject says, newly purchased '03 ZX3 has AdvanceTrac light that flickers at start up and then becomes solid after a bit.

But I don't think the car has that option. I am not 100% sure though. Searching has indicated that the option was only on cars with rear disc brakes, and mine definitely doesn't have rear discs.

Also no T/C button near the shifter (but owners manual doesn't mention a T/C button for AdvanceTrac cars).

So I am willing to accept that the light is meaningless but it seems odd that the light would come on at all. I also noticed that after I shut the car off and took the key out, the temp gauge would go from rest position to 1/8 position, settle back down and then do it again.

Could this be the dirty cluster board?

Thanks in advance,
Travis

·
Registered
148 Posts
Try this:
I had a cluster in an '03 SE with intermittent gauges when it was rainy/wet. I read somewhere this is a known problem(I read about it first from British Forum). I took it out and didn't see anything wrong and it worked fine for a while after reinstall. Very soon after it stated screwing up again and pulled it again to look closer at the ribbon and connectors but again nothing jumped out at me. Found one on Ebay shipped for $35.00(the 2.3L takes a different cluster so I matched up the connector to mine(luckily most vendors show the back too)figuring it was probably a waste of money. Plugged it in and the mileage was correct and it was still working over a year later till I sold it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Thanks for the info.

Can anyone confirm that no rear discs = no advancetrac?
According to my '02 & '04 Ford Brochure it is optional on all models, figure '03 the same.
My Son's '04 Ranger has drums in back with full ABS, so I don't think it needs disc brakes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts