Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
83 Posts

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, it does not not come with everything. Tom's DIY Kit comes with a Turbo, SPA Manifold, Intercooler piping, intercooler, downpipe, and wastegate pipe. All of the hard to get parts for the Zetec. You are left getting injectors, wastegate, BOV, vacuum lines, couplers, clamps, etc. It's not really a plug-and-play type of kit for the Zetec so you'll have to do a bit of work.

Everyone on FF will suggest 180 thermostat. Stock housing is fine. My housing cracked, simply due to age, so I replaced it with an aluminum one.

Built block highly recommended.

No instructions, however is pretty self explanatory once you lay all the piping out.

I would highly recommended an LSD for the MTX75. If your doing a built block, the engine is already out, do the LSD. I am in the process of installing a Quafie LSD in my MTX75 along with a Radium surge tank for fuel upgrades. I am at or pretty close to maxing out stock fuel pump at 308WHP. Looking for 350+ this fall.

Here is an album of my entire build. If you end up working with Tom for your kit, he is unbelievably helpful with the whole process from build to tuning. If I can answer any questions for you, don't hesitate to ask.

· Registered
83 Posts
No, it does not not come with everything. Tom's DIY Kit comes with a Turbo, SPA Manifold, Intercooler piping, intercooler, downpipe, and wastegate pipe. All of the hard to get parts for the Zetec. You are left getting injectors, wastegate, BOV, vacuum lines, couplers, clamps, etc. It's not really a plug-and-play type of kit for the Zetec so you'll have to do a bit of work.

Everyone on FF will suggest 180 thermostat. Stock housing is fine. My housing cracked, simply due to age, so I replaced it with an aluminum one.

No instructions, however is pretty self explanatory once you lay all the piping out.

I would highly recommended an LSD for the MTX75. If your doing a built block, the engine is already out, do the LSD. I am in the process of installing a Quafie LSD in my MTX75 along with a Radium surge tank for fuel upgrades. I am at or pretty close to maxing out stock fuel pump at 308WHP. Looking for 350+ this fall.

Here is an album of my entire build. If you end up working with Tom for your kit, he is unbelievably helpful with the whole process from build to tuning. If I can answer any questions for you, don't hesitate to ask.
interesting, thank you. i really appreciate it. Ill be honest i dont really want to build the block but i do want to like a full engine rebuild just to kind of freshen it up, i get it i get it but im not doing that. I dont want to make a whole lot of power. im big into the canyon racing and i know if i have to much power ill get myself into some trouble so i was thinking about like 10-12 pounds of boost. ive heard the stock block and rods and pistons could take 220 hp easy. i might not even go that high. Idk yet im still doing a lot of research, at most maybe rods? I really want to keep my engine as a non interference engine.

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

· Registered
83 Posts

· Registered
83 Posts
Its not difficult if you know what your looking for. The parts in the pictures you referred to are OEM Ford differential bearings and speed gear. The differential is from Quaife.

Quaife still makes an LSD for the MTX75. Also, they are available on Ebay. I got my limited slip differential from someone here on FF.

what kind of head studs, and any other aftermarket hardware that you used to insure a little bit of durablilty? Links?

· Registered
83 Posts

Can i have a parts number or a link to the arp main bolts and head studs, Im stupid and cant find them?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts