Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the hood is on and I fairly happy with it. I was in an accident a while back and took the money for a stock replacement hood and put it into this. I got it from Steeda in FL, but its actually made by Fiber Images. Quality seems decent, just seems to be a small flaw in one spot, and it sits a little high just behind the drivers side headlight but other than that its good. Only thing I need to worry about now is what to do for the washer nozzles. I hope to mount them in the cowel at the base of the windshield somehow, but am not entirely sure. I would have prefered a better known name (to me) like VIS or Seibon, but I was in a rush and this was the only hood I could find that was in stock. Comments (good or bad) or questions welcome. And if anyone has any good advice for caring for a CF hood, please let me know as this is my first experience with it.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Looks great!! nice fitment.

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Whats' the weight differance?

·
Registered
456 Posts
That is one of the nicest cf hoods I hae ever seen, that even lokks better than the vis hood![ohcrap] [pray] [headbang] [thumb] [drinking] [woot] [strongman]

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments folks!

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
dude sweet!! that fitment is damn nice! and by the way your lil pic under your name is tight too!

·
Bexar County
3,360 Posts
Anyone have a link to get a hood with windshield washer nozzles already there?

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
looks great.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Newkleus said:
Anyone have a link to get a hood with windshield washer nozzles already there?
You won't find any hoods that come with the nozzles, but apparantly some come predrilled/precut for them. The nozzles themselves are easily changed over. I was told by a VIS (www.visracing.com) dealer that the their hoods came ready for nozzles. I was also told the same by a Seibon (www.seibon) dealer. If it's true or not I don't know, these were only distributors and not the manufacture.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts