Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! My SVT dropped a valve and blew a piston a little more than a week ago. I've decided to take apart some engine components and check the damage. This will update that. Either I will end up swapping the engine depending on damage. Will work on disassembling the head and taking the oil pan off tonight, Ford tech said there's coolant in the cylinder. Will update with pics and progress over time!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I dont think my engine dropped a valve but when I toasted my engine it had coolant in the oil. I found a great deal on an engine through the forums here and did the swap (I have access to a lift so that helped a lot). If you do end up swapping message me Ill help as best I can!

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright thank you! I got an offer from a guy who built his own turbo Miata engine for him to rebuild or help swap my engine. Your advice is appreciated :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
I took a lot of pictures of mine and intended to do a write up but I never got around to it. I dont know what your wrenching experience is but I had never dont a swap before but there really wasnt anything over complicated about it! Best of luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts