Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my old shaft was bad replaced it filled it while lifted so probably did too much, Caused my new shaft to come out i am guessing do to pressure from overfilling. Well my new half shaft driver side just came out again part way and leaking a little is it possible that it still had to much fluid in it? I didn't drain it completely to check the level, I just release the fill plug while on level ground.

So question, been driving it away but was hard on it higher RPM longer time on my way home today, and notice it dripped a little and the shaft clip isnt in there tight

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay so, I realize there no PSI in the transmission. So the fluid overfilling isn't a possibility... Anyone have any clue what would be causing halfshafts to pop out? They are in there all the way, Took my friend and I a crowbar to take it out, just to test it was in there good.... Then put it back in just as tight...... Not sure what is going on.

·
Registered
95 Posts
make sure the axlw nuts are tight. also replace the c clamp and the 2 nuts that holds the passenger side halfshaft in place.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Driver's side either clicks in & stays or it doesn't. When it comes out you aren't going anywhere.

Dripping from there could mean it's time for new seals, particularly now with having them in & out a few times.

·
Registered
17,314 Posts
X2, the shaft does NOT come out if in correctly.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
X3 properly installed Halfshaft won't come out! Post was to understand why it wasn't staying retained by the clip. Which I figured out, good amount of splines and metal shavings that would allow it to retain fine while not moving but guess they slide in and allowed it to come loose while driving. It holds fine now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts