Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I’m trying to replace my MAF sensor for my 03 focus and the 2 bolts are stripped. I still have to get them out and when I do I need to buy the new bolts for them. Anyone have any idea what the size would be for them?

·
Registered
2013 Focus SE gray 5 spd hatch
1,445 Posts
Idk the size but it sounds more likely that the hole is stripped rather than the bolts. I assume the bolts are going into aluminum? If so, the steel won't strip but rather the aluminum will as that's the weaker metal of the two. You might have to buy helicoils to repair the hole threads.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
The MAF sensor screws into the MAF sensor housing which is plastic but I believe there are metal threaded inserts in the housing.

Have you stripped the threads in the screws/housing - or - have you stripped the torx head in the top of the screws?

Paul

·
Registered
2013 Focus SE gray 5 spd hatch
1,445 Posts
If it's a plastic housing with metal inserts then the inserts are probably what's spinning in the housing with the bolts seized to them. I think that pulling/prying them straight out is going to be the only way to get the bolts out with the inserts still attached to them. The MAF housing may need to be replaced unless larger self tapping screws can be used.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts