Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 SVT ZX5, 122,000 miles. The other day the engine light came on and it started feeling like it wasn't getting gas while accelerating through the gears. And it sounds like it backfires sometimes.

My thoughts were either fuel pump, fuel filter, injectors, bad plug, O2 sensor? Anyone have this problem or any ideas? Thanks.

Joe

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
what was the check engine light code? has the fuel filter been changed ever?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't check the code. It just came on two days ago. Haven't had it to a shop yet. I don't have a code reader. Not sure if it's ever been changed. I have had the car a year and it hasn't been changed in that time. At one point the CEL did start blinking then went back to solid. Figures it would do this now since I want to get rid of it..

·
FF Affiliate
31,175 Posts
Do you know anyone with a scan tool , this would tell you your fuel psi , need to know the code it had

Could be the fuel rail psi sensor , fuel pump driver added to your list above , before I changed anything I would find a FF member with a scan tool

Tom

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it scanned. Misfire in cylinder 1. Replaced plugs and wires, nope. Replaced coil pack, all good and running well. Thanks everyone. Went ahead and replaced the fuel filter also just so it would be done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts