Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm a college student that just got an 03 manual ZX3. I drove it for the first time today in the rain and had some problems. It kept lurching and I assumed it was the rain on the road. But then it started to loose power and was bogging down. So i got off the freeway. I stopped in a parking lot to check to make sure the tires weren't flat just because I couldn't think of anything else. I got back into my car and drove surface streets to where I needed to go, although it was only a few blocks away. It was fine for that, but i never got above 3rd. I got back into my car and got on the freeway again. It started to lurch again and this time the check engine light came on. I shifted down to 4th and was going 50 or so and it wasn't driving like normal. I got back to school but something isn't right. The temperature was the same as usual and the rpms were normal for the speed, but it didn't have the power it usually does.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Check your Fuel Filter, Spak Plug wires dude it might just need a tune- up.. Also Ford Focus has a recall on the fuel modulator so you might want to check in that...

·
Registered
324 Posts
i agree with turboguy... most likely a vacuum leak.. check the pcv hose on the back of the intake manifold.. also check things that p90 flagged up.. and maybe clean ur maf? hopefully ull get ur problem sorted soon.. doesnt sound too drastic.. just do the tune up and check for vacuum leaks init..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts