Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving radio stopped working, a minute later it started up again, then two minutes more it quit for the last time. Hasn't played since. Clock is also out, blank screen. Checked fuse, it's good. Everything else works. Is there a relay that supplies radio only? Pulled radio out and all plugins look good. Any suggestions? Salvage yard says their computer shows multiple radios for 03', will they work if the plugins match?

03 Focus ZX3 hatchback
ztec auto
single disc am/fm radio

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
While driving radio stopped working, a minute later it started up again, then two minutes more it quit for the last time. Hasn't played since. Clock is also out, blank screen. Checked fuse, it's good. Everything else works. Is there a relay that supplies radio only? Pulled radio out and all plugins look good. Any suggestions? Salvage yard says their computer shows multiple radios for 03', will they work if the plugins match?

03 Focus ZX3 hatchback
ztec auto
single disc am/fm radio
Have you tried fiddling with the removable 'anti-theft' panel (remove/replace, look at contacts, etc).

Paul

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried fiddling with the removable 'anti-theft' panel (remove/replace, look at contacts, etc).

Paulve
Left side of panel will lift up, right side secure. Pushed and pulled panel no change. Do I need to remove radio to get panel off? Just noticed, red light above radio is out.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Left side of panel will lift up, right side secure. Pushed and pulled panel no change. Do I need to remove radio to get panel off? Just noticed, red light above radio is out.
Its the little panel under the display with buttons 2-5 on it. There is a little slide button between the on/off/volume switch and the 2 button. You slide that to the left and the panel lifts out - left side first then right (as you look at it).

Which red light is out - the one near the hazard flasher switch? Is anything else not working other than the radio?

Check both radio fuses - 31 (15A) and 41 (7.5A) in CJB.

Paul

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its the little panel under the display with buttons 2-5 on it. There is a little slide button between the on/off/volume switch and the 2 button. You slide that to the left and the panel lifts out - left side first then right (as you look at it).

Which red light is out - the one near the hazard flasher switch? Is anything else not working other than the radio?

Check both radio fuses - 31 (15A) and 41 (7.5A) in CJB.

Paul
My error, red light next to HFS is working. Checked both fuses, ohm and volt check good. 31 key off 12v, 41 key on 12v. I have a different radio, display is held on with three screws. Contacts look good. Only radio not working.
Brad

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I have a different radio, display is held on with three screws. Contacts look good. Only radio not working.
Brad
Ford factory radio? Can you post a pic of your radio or link to a pic of your radio from the internet?

Paul

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Yes, stock radio. FORD 6006E 6 disc CD player. #3s4f-18c815-ag
Like this?:

Those are fairly rare in a Focus MK1. The info I gave you was for the more common single disc CD player.

The 6 CD unit you have has a removable security panel as well but its at the top - where it says '6 disk cd player'. The release button is at the top left. I would try removing/installing this.

Paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts