Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever heard of a 2003 Focus "Hot wheels edition"? Looking to buy one and the car actually has Hot Wheels stitched in to the seats. Has a copy of the invoice from Ford that shows "Classic Hot Wheels edition" that was an $1895.00 add on? Just curious how rare this could be or if anyone has ever heard of such a thing??

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's silver but doesn't have any external badging or anything. I worked at Ford for 16 years and NEVER heard anything abot this car. Trying to do research and keep getting matchbox cars?? Going to go back tomorrow and pick it up. Looks like it may be just cool to have?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry! Was just informed that I can't say matchbox cars when talking about a "Hot wheel" edition car!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
After seeing the pics, I can't imagine there was more than the one sold, it's pretty different. I like some of the details, some are over the top. I still might own it if the price were right though, but not to daily drive.

OP, let us know the details if you buy it. I'd like to see better pics of the interior, looks promising.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I saw a yellow one for sale on Auto Trader a couple months ago. Not sure if it was done by the owner but it looked like it could have come from the factory.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have found a Hot Wheels custom edition 03 Focus silver with factory looking charcoal stripe in a flame like pattern and an orange stripe above the flame and has Rally Sx in orange. It is a ZX3 Zeetech double overhead cam non turbo with an automatic. Interior has blue leather with perforated silver inserts with the hot wheels logo stitched in the upper inside back and embossed flames in the silver as well. It has a set of 5 spoke aluminum 16" rims. Bought off showroom floor in Rockwall, Texas. Manufactured 09/2002. All original no mods. Seat covers where installed and I just removed them this week and seats are in great shape. Was adult owned by a school teacher who drives like she is going to church everywhere she goes. Has roughly 163.000 miles and runs like new. It is factory.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have found a Hot Wheels custom edition 03 Focus silver with factory looking charcoal stripe in a flame like pattern and an orange stripe above the flame and has Rally Sx in orange. It is a ZX3 Zeetech double overhead cam non turbo with an automatic. Interior has blue leather with perforated silver inserts with the hot wheels logo stitched in the upper inside back and embossed flames in the silver as well. It has a set of 5 spoke aluminum 16" rims. Bought off showroom floor in Rockwall, Texas. Manufactured 09/2002. All original no mods. Seat covers where installed and I just removed them this week and seats are in great shape. Was adult owned by a school teacher who drives like she is going to church everywhere she goes. Has roughly 163.000 miles and runs like new. It is factory.
Cool. Post pics

·
Registered
210 Posts
a year or so back in northern Nevada , there was a complete set of seats from a hot wheels edition on craigslist, the car had been crashed, had a roll cage inside of it and was apparently used in some movie. seats were yellow and had hot wheels emblem stitched into the upper part of the seat. wish i had the pictures now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Curious did you ever acquire the car? I have one but don't have invoice that reflects its origin and so far haven't had any luck verifying it. If you have any information let me know please. Thanks Doug

1 - 18 of 18 Posts