Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys my friend needs all 3 engine mounts replaced I am trying to research the cheapest aftermarket mounts available or if OEM mounts are cheaper he might go that route, its for his girlfriend and dont need to be aluminum but I prefer aluminum poly mounts tbh...

So if anyone can direct me to a cheap vendor maybe there is one here on the forums that provide you guys parts.

I could not see a for sale or classified sections, if we could find used mounts with low miles or used aftermarket mounts i may get them from here.

EDIT: after more research i found Tranny mount OEM or replica from DEA w.e looks OEm for 20 bucks and rear dogbone looking mount for 20$ also

then i found ZF full billet mounts for 150 so with that huge price difference if thats all there is available i doubt hes gonna go for the solid mounts. So is there anything between the 20-150 range of better quality then OEM

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
How soon will they be needed? I'll be changing my dogbone tranny mount in a couple weeks and I could do a deal for the stock mount.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if i buy a stock mount i will require it to be New for how cheap they are

they look like garbage if it was not for it being his girl driving and shes not hot dogging it i would make them buy solid mounts and they will never break again.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Yeah, the stock mounts aren't great. Are all three mounts gone? If the metal isn't broken but the bushings are shot you might be able to look into a bushing kit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yah but if the mounts are only 20 a pc then im not gonna mess with trying to press in bushing the time saved would be better then messing with that, considering i gotta remove them either way that will add too much time to the install

Edit: anyone know how long it will take to do all 3 mounts and i should be able to handle it with simply my hydraulic jack to get car off ground then maybe scissor jack to support motor

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you

amazon has them all at 17-20 ea with free shipping, rock auto couple bucks less but you pay shipping like 7$ per item.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
In my experience, the stuff from Rock Auto is quality, they get it to you FAST and they have great customer service.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i use them for some of my oem parts on my mazdaspeed 3 like rear main seal and axle spindle lock nuts but some things are cheaper elsewhere.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
True. I got my front KYB AGX from Amazon for MUCH less than anywhere else. I think I have a discount code for Rock Auto, though. Let me see.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Rock Auto discount code:

That should help bring it down a bit for you. (I'm biased since Rock Auto sponsors our site)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts