Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have an 03 ZX5, 1.8 Turbo Diesel (stationed in Belguim) that is having a wiper problem. They work but when you shut them off they don't "park" at the bottom of the widshiled, they stop where they stop. I have to keep hitting the switch to try to stop them when they are at the bottom of the windshield.

I have replaced thewiper motor and the wiper switch at the steering wheel, no luck.

Any ideas? It rains alot here....

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Replace the relay in the front fuse box. That is usually the problem.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
I misspoke myself in the first post. The relay is located in the passenger compartment fuse panel located behind a pop off cover in the drivers side footwell (I am working off experience with an American Focus but European cars should be similar). On my car, the relay for the front intermittent wipers is number 19 but you can check your owners manual for fuse box location and which relay to check. To fix my similar problem, I switch relays for the front and rear intermittent wipers and that fixed the problem without having to buy a new relay. Give it a try and see what happens

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
02FordSVT,

Thanks, that was the problem (I wish I had posted here before my mechanic buddy told me that 9 times out of 10 it's the motor - so I replaced it).

Mine was on a fuse box under the steering wheel, swapped the 2 relays and now the wipers park.

Appreciate the help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts