Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I've parked my 2002 SVT (105K miles) for the past couple of years, taking it out every other month or for a short drive. Just prior to parking I changed the oil. Timing belt and rebuilt head where done less than 10K miles prior. Coil is an MSD and has been on for 50K miles. It's been about six months since I last drove.

With a jump, the car will crank but not fire.

I'll be checking spark plugs today, will inspect for deposits and check spark by removing a plug grounding the side of it and crank engine. (is that correct?)

fuel cutoff valve is down , i put 2 gallons in
ocdb says no dtc codes
also on cranking engine fired but not for long
it's also warmer 70 vs 60
with jump it 13+ volts
battery alone 12.2
fuses 8 &12 are good

How do I check for fuel delivery?

What else to check?

thanks!

More info on car: http://svtf4243.com/mods_p.html

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok i checked #4 &3 plugs
both plug wells had oil as you can see on the wrench.
I guessing that's not a good thing.

·
Registered
609 Posts
In the following order:
12.2 volts is bad. Have the battery fully charged then load tested. Replace battery as required.
Spark plug gap looks wide to me, check it on all 4 and regap as required.
Gas goes bad. Use starting fluid, if it starts with starting fluid then you most likely have a fuel issue. If so first order would be to drain the tank and put in 2 gals of fresh fuel.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
^^^ plug is worn out, that center electrode is badly eroded.

Need dry wells or spark will jump to ground instead of firing plug. Cleaning out will do it for now, cover gasket will need replacement.

Scan tool for fuel pressure & injectors clicking are the easiest first checks for fuel delivery.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys,
i'll report back once i've checked the battery, changed the plugs and if still no start then starting fuel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts